Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dually models, plastic and diecast, 1/25-1/24-1/20

Lets start a topic for duallys, if you have a picture of a box thats not shown please post. Also if you have a review on any of these please post them, like whats in the box. Thank you

superdually_zpsbjal6lnj.jpg[/

URL]

bluedually_zpsq2vgajb3.jpg

dodgediecastdually_zpsqlmtknt4.jpg

nissandually_zpsrwkz6dsh.jpg

bigtruckchevyduallyred_zpsn7d1mlfi.jpg

chevypromodually_zps6xlyqz5j.jpg

snapduallychevy_zpssayoqebp.jpg

http://s449.photobucket.com/user/chevyvan93/media/Dually%20album/toyotadually_zps6v7roydw.jpg.html]toyotadually_zps6v7roydw.jpg

Edited by Casey

I can give some info about the Super Duallie, the Snap Fast Chevrolet, and the Ford F350.

The Snap-Fast Chevrolet is really just an unassembled promo, molded in a dark maroon. Only builds stock. The basic cab and bed go together the same as the C-1500 glue kits, the bed is directly interchangeable with the C-1500 cab, and fits the longbed version once the wheel locater pins are removed from the underside of the bed. The hood is separate, and there is some underhood detail from the original kit it was tooled from. The chassis is a basic engraved plate chassis, it does have very well done detail, with an accurate 14 bolt rear axle. The tires are BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/As, which are inaccurate for truck of that weight class (they only come in P rated). Wheels are 4 hole duals in chrome with accurate lug details and the Chevy Bowtie on the centercap. The rear caps are a bit shallow compared to the 1:1. Note, these wheels are available in modified form from Modelhaus, with more appropriate tires. Only difference I can see is that the Bowtie has been removed from the centers. The interior, molded in tan, is very similar to the C-1500 kits, with similar seats and identical dashboard. It is stretched to include the rear extended cab seats. The steering wheel is a separately molded black item, and is the airbag style wheel. A note on the interior, it is incorrect for the 1996 model year truck stated on the box. The dash is the '88-'94 style. That can be easily corrected by swapping it with the one from the Tahoe, which has the correct dash.

The Monogram F350 is pretty much identical to the recently reissued F-250 kit, with the duallie wheels and bedsides in place of the single wheel items. The optional parts are the same between the kits. The dual wheels from the kit are very well detailed, and, other than being a little undersize, are pretty accurate for most 16" duallie wheels. Tires are the same Goodyear tires found in the F-250, as well as many Monogram muscle car kits.

The MPC Super Duallie is strictly a custom job, and does not build as an accurate duallie truck. The basic kit is the MPC '78 Chevy 4x4 Annual kit, and has the same cab, chassis, engine, and drivetrain. The wheels are the same 8 spoke style wheels found in the annual, with addition of a duallie adapter for the rear very similar to what the MPC '68-'72 Chevy truck kits came with. The bed is a 1 piece + tailgate Stepside bed, with widened fenders that have faired in tail lights and a ribbed pattern on the tops. No stock grille or engine intake or offered, only the custom grille and tunnel ram from the '78 2wd are offered. It also includes the optional tonneau cover from the 2wd kit. There is also a full grille guard, and a large cowl type hood scoop.

I can give some info about the Super Duallie, the Snap Fast Chevrolet, and the Ford F350.

The Snap-Fast Chevrolet is really just an unassembled promo, molded in a dark maroon. Only builds stock. The basic cab and bed go together the same as the C-1500 glue kits, the bed is directly interchangeable with the C-1500 cab, and fits the longbed version once the wheel locater pins are removed from the underside of the bed. The hood is separate, and there is some underhood detail from the original kit it was tooled from. The chassis is a basic engraved plate chassis, it does have very well done detail, with an accurate 14 bolt rear axle. The tires are BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/As, which are inaccurate for truck of that weight class (they only come in P rated). Wheels are 4 hole duals in chrome with accurate lug details and the Chevy Bowtie on the centercap. The rear caps are a bit shallow compared to the 1:1. Note, these wheels are available in modified form from Modelhaus, with more appropriate tires. Only difference I can see is that the Bowtie has been removed from the centers. The interior, molded in tan, is very similar to the C-1500 kits, with similar seats and identical dashboard. It is stretched to include the rear extended cab seats. The steering wheel is a separately molded black item, and is the airbag style wheel. A note on the interior, it is incorrect for the 1996 model year truck stated on the box. The dash is the '88-'94 style. That can be easily corrected by swapping it with the one from the Tahoe, which has the correct dash

i have several of the '96 dually kits and they all have the correct interior molded in grey. the only kit i know of that had the '88-94 interior molded in tan was the '93 fleetside kit(and the only kit to have a camper top for the bed).

i have several of the '96 dually kits and they all have the correct interior molded in grey. the only kit i know of that had the '88-94 interior molded in tan was the '93 fleetside kit(and the only kit to have a camper top for the bed).

100_0953.jpgBuilt out of box, other than the Alcoa wheels. The interior is not painted. I will freely admit, the box does show it with the gray interior. Perhaps mine is factory error?

100_0953.jpgBuilt out of box, other than the Alcoa wheels. The interior is not painted. I will freely admit, the box does show it with the gray interior. Perhaps mine is factory error?

thats quite possible. did your kit have the updated grille too? in your pic it appears to be the older style grille.

The 1996 Chevy 3500 Dually had the updated interior and grille- if I recall, the body was molded in a dark red (maroon? burgundy?) with a gray interior. The earlier Phantom dually, on the other hand, did have the '88-'94 style dash. I remember buying a '96 because I planned to cut down the interior so I could use it as part of an update on an MPC '88 C1500, but never got around to doing so.

I do have the Phantom duallie as well, it's shown with the old style interior on the box, also in gray. It matches what is shown on the box. I did get my regular duallie pretty early in the production run, pretty much as soon as my local hobby shop got them in (I usually got first shot at any new releases). Mine must just be an oddball.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time the box art didn't match the production kit, or the first time there was a change in the run.

Edited by Longbox55

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends. I think we forgot about few kits :) Fire engine close to trucks but all another are pick ups 71RacersWedge-248x160.jpg$T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQhoU0BRBSc5VH6Q~~60_35.J

h-702.jpgh-703.jpg

I can see the fire truck and tow trucks, plus the conversion on the '34 Ford, but a tandem axle wouldn't be a dualie. They are still single wheel. Now if they had dual wheels in the tandem, then yes.

Sorry, OP didn't say pickups.

It seemed to be insinuated that pickups is what was meant. Especially with the connection to the other duallie thread.