Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Last Ride" '32 Hearse

mrm

Thanks again everyone.

This was one of these projects that was started years ago without going anywhere and just being thrown around from box to box. Actually just the body part. And then one day last year it just started coming together and the ideas were just pouring in my head and then it got built fairly quick.

I have to say I could not have done it without this place, as there are so many great builders on here and endless cool ideas. This forum is nothing but inspirational and motivational place for me. And for that I thank you all.

Thanks again everyone.

This was one of these projects that was started years ago without going anywhere and just being thrown around from box to box. Actually just the body part. And then one day last year it just started coming together and the ideas were just pouring in my head and then it got built fairly quick.

I have to say I could not have done it without this place, as there are so many great builders on here and endless cool ideas. This forum is nothing but inspirational and motivational place for me. And for that I thank you all.

It was really cool to see the WIP thread, especially how long it took and how much effort and thought you put into this build

Gives hope to all those parts in boxes on dark shelves whose inspirations have faded for one reason or another

I have a few of those myself

Really a great build top to bottom, enjoyed it immensely

Thanks again guys. I am happy that you enjoyed the WIP thread too. I had a blast building this and when I took it to the Heartland Nationals last year, I was really happy to hear quite few people discussing it. I am the worst when it comes to picking classes to enter my models in and I put it in the Light Commercial class, when I should have put it in the Street Rod class. It finished third and the model that places first absolutely deserved it. I didn't mind not winning tho. People coming to me and asking me if I was "the guy with the Hearse" was rewarding enough for me.

I had another detailed WIP thread for the "'30 Sumthin' rod" I am working on, but when the server was getting updated, I lost it all and never found the time to start it all over again, but one of these days I'll do it.

Edited by mrm

• 3 weeks later...