Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ad Banners

JohnU

I get that these ad banners generate revenue and aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but how do I keep these ads for Asian, Middle eastern or what ever girls dating sites from popping up?! I mark them as "inappropriate" yet they still show up! WTF! I don't get these ads anywhere else!

If you're running Firefox or Chrome, get Adblock Plus. I've run it on Chrome for more than a year with zero problems, zero annoying ads. It blocks all the crud running on youtube, too. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

I haven't had any of those ads come up on my Android phone. But what I am getting that is kinda puzzling, is local ads. I get a banner for a local dealer all the time. Does this site use my current location or are the adds generated based on my location stated in my profile.

I haven't had any of those ads come up on my Android phone. But what I am getting that is kinda puzzling, is local ads. I get a banner for a local dealer all the time. Does this site use my current location or are the adds generated based on my location stated in my profile.

All the search engines work with ad companies these days. Data based on your location and online activity is almost universally available.  

Adblock is available for Android too.     https://adblockplus.org/android-install

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I'm only seeing a single small ad at the bottom of the page (don't even see em unless I scroll to the bottom of each page)  so far all the ads I've noticed are main-stream ads for cars, banks and the like.  Not a problem for me.

I'm only seeing a single small ad at the bottom of the page (don't even see em unless I scroll to the bottom of each page)  so far all the ads I've noticed are main-stream ads for cars, banks and the like.  Not a problem for me.

Yea, I get these too. I don't visit adult sites so why these other ones show up seems odd! The ad banner has a feedback option that allows you to report the ad as repetitive, inappropriate, or irrelevant. Yet no matter if I tag it inappropriate it will still pop up the same ad in a different thread on this forum. Very annoying! Gonna try the ad blocker like Ace suggested and have my wife model some Victoria Secret for me while I'm at it.... Andy! :P

Ad Block Plus, makes the internet soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better ,  but there is another reason why you should use Ad Block Plus,  hackers love putting viruses in ads, using Ad Block is just one piece of protection to help fight getting viruses.