Model Cars Magazine Forum

top dragster scratch build

comp1839

• 4 weeks later...

We're gonna have to talk my friend, I have questions after seeing how sweet those started off.  I see how you did the lip and relief cuts, but how did you get that beautiful and accurate conical finish?  Talk to you soon Dave and I'm really glad to see you back to this one.  Any chance you'll get your video up for others to enjoy of your fired up 37'??   For those that haven't been lucky enough to see it yet, all I can say is its got a serious attitude.  cheers, tim

Dave... now thats some incredible work on those wheels. I am sure it was a pain in the butt to get those angles correct on the rims and then to have them match. But then again  you could probably do them in your sleep with youe machining experience. I am lookimg forward to your next update.

tim, no problem. when you see how easy it is..... you'll just sigh.  got a present for you too. i'll email you soon.

dave, thanks. i'll post the video. it's not fancy but, i can tell you when it's running........it just sounds big.

chris, thanks buddy! it's not all that hard. you'll understand.....it's almost all in the planning and believing in the numbers. got those numbers for you. i'll email them to you.

Edited by comp1839

thanks, tim!  can't wait to get started on the 728 cube motor.

i'm pretty pleased with this one. needs to be "tuned  up" some more. it will be getting a polished finish as will the real beadlock for the wheel. this one is just for mock up.

DSCN7189.JPG

DSCN7188_zpsccxbxxj3.jpg

DSCN7186_zps5rqfmaxn.jpg

Edited by comp1839

I was able to reset my password after month's of trying,  Dave so glad to see you back to building. I have been checking the forum forever waiting for a new Dave post lol, as usual your work is nothing short of amazing. The 37 is looking good and sound's even better, i have been following it on photobucket. Hope all is well and look forward to the rest of this build.

Joe

Oh BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH.   Just when I thought I was getting somewhere learning how to machine,  you post those.  :wub:   Those are the most stunning set of wheels I've seen in ANY scale.  I'm curious as to how you achieved such a beautiful finish on the inside......this is gonna some special build Dave and like everyone else following along, is anxious for your next post.  Cheers, tim

leonard, thanks buddy.......but, that's not what my wife says about me.....hehe.

joe, thanks. fill that jar up....i'm headin' out and i need alot of ones......hehe!

jamie, i hope we can keep you attention through out the build.

i said in the beginning the rear of this dragster would be narrow..........

DSCN7206.JPG

now you know HOW narrow!

hope you enjoy!

Edited by comp1839