Model Cars Magazine Forum

top dragster scratch build

comp1839

Dave.... outstanding work on the seat frame... It looks killer. I am glad to see you getting some bench time in this. I am really glad that ypu are happy with how the seat turned out. Looks like it fits like a glove. I am looking forward to seeing more on this build.

At first, I was thinking you may have been abducted by space aliens from another dimension. That's when it hit me.

With skills like that, you must be an alien. Your government could sure use your help reverse engineering some UFO's they've been stockpiling.........

edgar, thank you.

darrell, this forum is loaded with quality builders.

chris, thanks! and  the seat does fit like a glove. i just love the way it turned out. the material is amazing!!

tim, thanks buddy!. i'm going to re-solder the front hoop on the cage it seems to have pulled up from the shoulder hoop. i hope i get some more time to work on this.

joe,  thanks!  aliens..........hehe........they're everywhere....they're everywhere!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahhh, waiting on parts.  So Dave walks into the shop and says hmmmm, what should I do today and knocks out some sweet little parts.  Most certainly agree that it's a treat to see her on all 4 now.  I know we'll see even more over the fall/winter months.   Cheers, tim

chris, thanks buddy!!

joe, always glad to hear you approve. thanks!

tim, thanks so much, my friend!!!

leonard, good to hear from you bud.

john, thought you might like to see some of the wheels i've done.

some weld wheels.....front

rears

gibson fronts

american racing fronts

american racing rears

Dave are you sure those wheels are not the real ones from your '37 Chevy?:lol: Seriously, those look fantastic! Those are definitely one of the most realistic wheels I've ever seen. You are a true master... Can't wait to see more.

Dave, shouldn't you be working on a certain Camaro? ;) Kidding of course... :)

Man, I have missed so much in my absence and am truly amazed at what you've done here in the passed 12 months mate. AWESOME!!!

facebook_POSTFB_500like-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh Dave.... You got any updates for us on this bad boy. I know you have been playing with your 1:1 a lot lately but maybe you have had time to squeeze in a little bench time on this?? hehe 

Yeah DAVE !! If you would spend less time tutoring CERTAIN people, we might get to see some Top Dragster Goodness.

Oh, who am I kidding? We all benefit. I'm gonna go see what my Minions are up to. I think I heard my chainsaw fire up.........

i actually have drawn up some prints for the powerglide trans for this car joe.  helpng tim was time well spent, for sure. as soon as i get a break from work and my '37......i may just get to do a little top dragster-in'. say,.....are those minions of yours free for about a week or so?