Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need info / pics of Lamborghini Gallardo chassis

Hello all,

Working on my current project and need some help from you.  Building a 1/24 Fujimi Lamborghini Gallardo SE, I cannot find a chassis / under carriage shot.  The only one I saw looked like it was all black, instructions show some neutral grey.  I could just paint it black but I know it will bother me if its not 1:1 correct.

Tried searching a number of times using different criteria but no success.  Maybe someone has a pic., link, or better search methods that may help quench my thirst for factory correct OCD!  

Thanks in advance,

Franky

Do you have this one?

lambo009.jpg

On the more recent Lambos, the underside shrouds and belly-pans are generally black, with the as-cast alloy control arms and visible engine bits being a dull aluminum color. Over time all of it weathers to the shades of gray in the photo above.

A shroud something like this would normally hide all those exposed mechanical parts.  REAR BOTTOM SHROUD - GALLARDO 560/670

Here's a link to a quite accurate AUTOart 1/18 die-cast review, with underside shots.

http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/11835-lamborghini-gallardo/

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Thank for the replies!  Did the Google, Bing, and a couple other search engines. The best pic I came up with was the one Bill posted and the Autoart die cast.  Eurospares is a very impressive site!

In the pic above, the center almost looks neutral grey to me!  That's were Fujimi states grey.  I know it turns one shade after some use as looking at the gear box cover through the rear.  I just find it so simple to paint 95% of the chassis black.  

I enjoy looking at a well done chassis, should I follow the instructions on this one and use some neutral grey!  Or do you think it will not look good?

Frank