Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1964: 1/8 Triumph Custom Show Bike on the Workbench 11/20/15 : "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

Helllo.......I am building the 2nd Bike out of 3 for my friend Don Granata.......this time it is a: Revell 1964  1/8 Triumph Custom Show Bike......all these bikes that I am buildng for Don are very rare models and you don`t see them anymore.......I have a picture attached of what  Don wants the bike to look like......I will be doing some modifications and making some scratch built parts........I have started by stripping all the chrome......I will work on the mock-up today.....thanks for looking

DSCF0209_zpsepshz9w0.jpg

DSCF0214_zpswetkjezt.jpg

12233464_167544776930626_2004636806_n_zp

Edited by John Teresi

No worries John. The kit suffers from some detail quirks. I love all these old kits though, we wouldn't have as many cool subjects without them. I cant remember any real probs , the forks are completely weird , but you will solve that prolly the same way I did, replicating the sheet metal covers done by the first customizers. I have over 500 pix of my piece , lemme know if ya need help, I'll be perched , watching.

576.jpg

Reviewing my pix , I can offer one tip. The rear wheel is a 'sprung huib' , lacking in some detail. To deal with the hub centerline ,a section of an old Humbrol tin works splendidly. The front hub seam can be dealt with using easily available aluminum tubing.

Good Luck!

122.jpg

Edited by krow113
pic add

Hello......I glued all the 1/2`s together and glued and sanded seams and injector marks..........I got a quick Mock-up......nothing permanent.......lowered the frame, modified the tank,modified the handle bars ........and I  made a new solo seat........going to work on the pies and headlight next.......thanks for looking.

Knowing how fast you work John, I just know you did all this while I made a silly pair of chute launchers.  Certainly following along and I must say YOU are on quite the tear lately.......loving every minute of it.   cheers, tim

Hello.......Tim,Art.....  thank you guys for the kind comments......I sanded mre seams and flash and injector pins.......I modified the rear of the fender and modified the exhaust pipes.......I also made a new seat.......andI made a Suicide Shifter.......thanks for looking

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I made a new generator  and  Z Bars ......I changed out the rear brake rod.......and used a parts box headlight and modified that aswell as the tailights with a new  brkt.......and I also modified the Battery Box......I think its already to find sand,primer and paint.......thanks for looking

DSCF0273_zpsa7cjz0uc.jpg

DSCF0255_zpsdo72zegi.jpg

DSCF0260_zps4hgrxm8f.jpg

DSCF0262_zpsnawipqkx.jpg

DSCF0259_zpsqcf8vbiq.jpg

DSCF0271_zpsmmaxmqck.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John... My brother... That mock up looks great!! I can't believe it is ready for find sanding and paint already.  I am totally looking forward to seeing what you do with a paint job. I know you will kill it any ideas on the color?

Don is going to get back to me but, we are looking at a all chrome frame and H.O.K. Kandy green over flakes with maybe a lace pattern?