Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Peterbilt Rebuild Update 1-5-16

got some almond gloss paint on the cab the other day.

installed the winslow stripes from model truckin. I had trouble with the decals breaking apart when I tried to position them where I wanted them.

as a result I had to salvage what I could and didn't really get them where I wanted but since this is an old parts box beater here it is.

I just gave the cab a couple coats of future and took some pics. not my best work but o well !

Gino - I like that color combination also. Is the base color Ivory ?

Have you ever enlisted the help of a spray bottle for your decal applications ?  Back many years ago (1990's) building 70's pro stocks I used slixx decals that would run the car length. Misting the body with water before decal was the only way I could fix any miss aligned error with those super thin decals.

thanks for the kind words guys !

sean, for the paint I used rustoleum ultra cover almond gloss. on the decals I tried the water method, also tried micro set. it seemed like the decals stuck to the cab like tape.

I had to peel them back to try to reposition them and that's when they ripped. they would not slide around like other decals I have used.  it was very frustrating.

I managed to get them on but not really the way I wanted. i'll live with it for now I guess

• 6 months later...