Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cosmic Charger review

mmdm4

After reading the review in the latest issue of Model Cars magazine I was wondering if anyone else was as confused as I am? When the reviewer talks about the decals he states the sheet includes "all the striping and titles to replicate the actual Cosmic Charger, both in it's original guise and with the altered bodywork and front-mounted blower," As far as I can tell the model as depicted on the box cover has a completely different paint scheme and the striping colors and pattern are different also. These decals are NOT included with the kit in this new release. I have tried to contact Round2 Models but they have not responded to my e-mail inquiry. I like the kit and having seen the real car at a museum in Auburn, Indiana I wanted to build both styles. Does anyone know if the decals are available to do the car as depicted on the box top?

The decals in the kit replicate the car in the museum. There are different panels/stripes for the conventionally blown motor and the Potvin set up with a cover over the motor. Not the simplified ones that were in the original release. If you do a quick search in the drag racing postings there is a beautiful build up that shows the current decals. I have reproduction decals of the original but don't remember the source, check eBay. You might find them there.

Edited by Phirewriter