Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Oooo it's red,....

If I said, "You have a nice body",....would you hold it against me..? :lol::lol:

Lookin' good Mike !

I'm going for Rally Red ... it's red but photographs orange. That's two squirts of base coat ... and I don't hold your complements against you as long as you know I'm not leading you on B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming along nicely

That wicked hood scoop speaks to me

thanks Scott ... this (like your Bugatti) started as more excercise than display. I wanted to sharpen my detailing skills more than anything but got caught up in the historic significance of this car and ended up doing just about everything over twice or more to get things right or at least acceptable ...

the induction hood took at least a dozen sessions and when "done" I found it too high and I'm not happy with it being so off the original ... but ... that design is so weird that I can live with it (although burnout is now a factor) ... the aero-engineering just didn't make sense in comparison with the car's design 

anyways, thanks ... I gotta complete this project before planting season ...

Keep at it, that is when a build gets tough for me...just want to finish vs minor details to complete

right?

i wanted to work on those "minor details" with this "in-betweener" model ... I ended up finding one of the major race cars in American history that I didn't know anything about and those details became all the more important ...

i wanted to develop my exhaust making (thanks again BaddGass), paint, decals, BMF (new to me), etc. ... and this turned out to be the perfect platform ... I just thought it woulda taken months less time ...

I totally agree with you

As a somewhat old fart now, the history of what I am building seems more important and we have the resources to research things so much easier and better. Relive your childhood and educate yourself on stuff that wasn't important to a school teacher's curriculum.

Still, towards the end of the build I usually want to set it on fire

post up here when you have it under glass so we don't miss itB)