Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got my first real model dedicated bench!

Hi Andy, yes it is good for its drawers, they are deep enough, I have all my tyres and wheels in the bottom drawers, the rest of my parts next drawer up, then paints(need to get more) etc.

I am in the process of getting back into the hobby, I started too when starting this thread, then life got in the way etc, hoping to get more tools in the coming weeks.

Edited by JustanotherKiwi

I used an old hollow core door out of a house and went to Menards and bought the work bench legs and cut them down for my bench. It's a 7 foot bench, used it for years in 6 different homes now....

Oops sorry for the double post.....

Edited by DrKerry

I used an old hollow core door out of a house and went to Menards and bought the work bench legs and cut them down for my bench. It's a 7 foot bench, used it for years in 6 different homes now...

IMG 3761

My workbench is also a hollow core door.  7'-0" x 24" wide.  I wrapped it in brown paper. It sits on two old night stands that I cut the legs to be the correct height.  Mine is on it's third home!