Model Cars Magazine Forum

Western Star Tanker With Working Lights

Working on my 7th digital photo replica, the 3rd for Aztec Transport out of Campbell River, BC. The first two were tri-axle Refers and this one is a tanker that they haul live Salmon in for a client based in Norway. I am testing the lights out that I've installed, with clearance lights and tail lights to be painted yellow and red, the same as the rest of the models. Today I had a short in the trailer and will now have to rip out this set and replace them. Rrrrrr. Still have a fair amount of work as these models are created from the actual digital photos taken of the real truck, scaled to 1/43 size and cut out [as seen in the last photo] and glued on a kit bashed tractor and trailer chassis. The tanker is a chrome tape covered cardboard tube with foam core bulkheads as you can see in the photo of the rear end that I have buried the clearance lights into. I have posted pics of some Western Stars replicated using the same process titled Digital Photo Replicas if you want to see more of this technique. I have a Peterbilt 389 to build after this for a small trucking company out of Guadalupe, CA. and am looking forward to that project.

Bob - Aztec 3 a.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 b.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 c.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 e.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 d.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 f.JPG

Bob - Aztec 3 g.JPG

Edited by Hammerdown
update

• 3 months later...