Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevrolet Nova Sedan Delivery

No, it's not a factory body style, but I've seen a couple 1:1's done up in such a way. Not saying "Chevrolet should have done this" but who knows? Maybe it would have sold a few thousand.

Anyway... 1990 vintage Jimmy Flintstone body, vintage Spectrum photoetch grille and lock cylinders, and a brand-spankin' new Grumpy's Toy Nova (chosen for it's bench seat and plain steel wheels) came together to make this happen, along with some "rattle-can touch-ups" to the pink paint and hand-painted commercial lettering. Okay... I did use dry transfers for the "Floral & Garden"... no way is my hand steady enough to hand-paint lettering THAT small. 

Still doesn't have an engine, though I did cut a Trumpeter six cylinder down to a four with plans to install it in this. I might still go that route, or use a regular Trumpeter six, or I might do something totally insane and just drop in the kit's 327. It'll work as a shelf filler between now and then at any rate.

Awesome build.  I've owned 2 Novas. A 3rd gen 69 two-barrel carbureted version of the 350  5.7 L V8 and a 4th gen 75 with inline Six-cylinder 250 4.1 L. I might be comparing apples and oranges to you but I loved the I6.  Smoked V8 all the time. The 350 is a classic and a champ under the hood, the 250 Purred like a large cat and was less weight better millage. The 69 was friends, he needed the cash. I sold the 69 to make Money to buy my great grandmothers 75.  the 75 was a present to her from her son who worked at a Mich Chevy dealership. Boy it had all the bells and whistles, bullet wing mirrors, chromed out everything but the base power train and 1975 wheat colored thick shag carpet. I was confused at first but after a week I was sold, for life! And yes I did replace the carpets. No one believed it was a I6 always had to open the hood.

Loven the Nova and applaud the use of a smaller block. Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan