Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all,

This being my 3rd build and wanting a change from the "import rice burner" stuff I chose my next subject.

The Revell '65 Chevy Stepside

I started doing the engine and don't have the required tools to do what I wanted, but I think it turned out alright.

I will get some more done and pictures uploaded asap. Any comments or critique welcome 

I like your engine paintjob, could have needed to sand off the joint between the two halfs but I guess no one will ever see it after it is done anyway :)

Thanks for the feedback Gaute, didn't even notice it to tell you the truth. It gives me an excuse to buy more supplies and another kit. 

Thanks for the feedback Gaute, didn't even notice it to tell you the truth. It gives me an excuse to buy more supplies and another kit. 

Easy thing to fix on an unpainted engine. A nail file of the kind the sell in the "beautyfication" department at a grocery store will work just great :)

• 2 weeks later...

So for some stupid reason I'm unable sleep, which gives me time to myself and my models. I've been able to get this to a point where I'm happy to all it done and move on.

I will post better pictures in "Under the glass" when the sun comes up. Thanks for looking.

Thanks Mark, still along way off being anywhere near as good as some of the builds on here. I will get there in about 30 years or so.

Scott...your much closer than you think in my opinion.  To me a clean build is sometimes better than a full tilt detailed out one...there is such a thing as too much.

Scott...your much closer than you think in my opinion.  To me a clean build is sometimes better than a full tilt detailed out one...there is such a thing as too much.

Thanks for the kind words Mark. I do agree, sometimes you can over do it. Once I get the correct tools and supplies I should be able to do a cleaner model.

20160807_0453021.jpg

A quick note here. See the little vertical line on the corner of the hood? That's a mold line and it should be removed before primer/paint.

Mark is dead right. You've got a very good clean build here, you should be quite proud, I would be. If this is your work now, as a beginner, I see an excellent future for you as a builder, if you stick with it. Welcome to the forums.

A quick note here. See the little vertical line on the corner of the hood? That's a mold line and it should be removed before primer/paint.

Mark is dead right. You've got a very good clean build here, you should be quite proud, I would be. If this is your work now, as a beginner, I see an excellent future for you as a builder, if you stick with it. Welcome to the forums.

Yeah, I picked up on that and should have fixed it. I got lazy. 

Wow, thanks Rob. Looking at some of your builds, I feel lucky to have a comment like that come from you and I appreciate it. Thank you

Scott....looks pretty clean to me already.  Nice thing about building is one has the chance to learn new or easier ways to do things to make building better every time you build one.  I have made my own tools before...its not too hard to do.

Thanks again Mark. I have been looking over the tips & tech thread looking for ideas that I can use in the future.

Nice work..looks good I liked the bolt detail.......Chris

Thanks Chris, that was done with a toothpick. I now have a brush that is finer than a toothpick so the next one should look cleaner.