Model Cars Magazine Forum

'27 T Retro Dragstrip Roadster

Dennis Lacy

I love this Dennis. I liked it as a coupe and wasn't so sure about the roadster, but you definitely made a good choice. The no-nonsense down to business nature of this just screams 60's. Excellent clean workmanship as always and I love that engine. Great job on plumbing the carbs.

I dig your building style, a minimum amount of chrome, focusing on form and function rather than doo-dads and bling, and just enough detail to keep the viewer saying wow. I have noticed to, your evolution over the last 4 or 5 years. Not that any of your models were lacking ( your purple 32 low-boy is one of my all time favorite 32's ) but stepping up the detail on the engines and running gear makes a huge improvement. ;)

I love this Dennis. I liked it as a coupe and wasn't so sure about the roadster, but you definitely made a good choice. The no-nonsense down to business nature of this just screams 60's. Excellent clean workmanship as always and I love that engine. Great job on plumbing the carbs.

I dig your building style, a minimum amount of chrome, focusing on form and function rather than doo-dads and bling, and just enough detail to keep the viewer saying wow. I have noticed to, your evolution over the last 4 or 5 years. Not that any of your models were lacking ( your purple 32 low-boy is one of my all time favorite 32's ) but stepping up the detail on the engines and running gear makes a huge improvement. ;)

Thanks, Glenn!

The tall coupe show rod it started out to be was looking neat but then I started playing with bodies, the ideas started flowing and,,, here we are! Guys on here seemed to like it but what I didn't expect was to have some people bring that buried thread back to life asking about progress (obviously unaware of the change.) I was looking back at pictures of it and now I'm starting to think I should work up another chassis and get back on it, with some tweaks here and there. 

It's funny, when I look at the models I build now and then go look back and look at models I built in my first couple of years back into the hobby 7-8 years ago it's like looking at someone else's work. Which, to me, is a good thing! That purple '32 was actually the first model I built getting back into it after a near 10 year gap. It definitely has its flaws but I was pleased with the "look" I achieved with it, especially considering it's an AMT '32.