Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 March 2017 Product Spotlight

MrObsessive

Good question! I'm not sure if they're still under the government's thumb or not.

No, it all ended 4 years ago.  US Govt lost money on auto company bailout (but saved jobs) and made money on the overall economic bailout (TARP, etc).  Overall, it made a profit.

To keep this on topic: at what point can we expect R2 to release some (any?) new products?  I've liked Revell's choices for new releases and done my part to keep them encouraged.

Edited by The Junkman

No, it all ended 4 years ago.  US Govt lost money on auto company bailout (but saved jobs) and made money on the overall economic bailout (TARP, etc).  Overall, it made a profit.

To keep this on topic: at what point can we expect R2 to release some (any?) new products?  I've liked Revell's choices for new releases and done my part to keep them encouraged.

There's an Indianapolis 500 Pace Car "Fifty" version of the new Camaro coming...that's "new" in the most loose of terms.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the '17 Camaro SS 1LE at the LHS and am severely disappointed that it's a snap kit. It appeared the rear spoiler and front splitter were separate pieces. What I really need to know to do a kit bash with the full detail '16 Camaro SS or the '17 Fifty Edition is if AMT actually took the time to tool up the wider wheels and tires of the 1LE or did they just fit the new wheels to the old SS tires. The 1:1 1LE tires are 40mm wider up front and 30mm in the back which is more than 1.25". It's a pretty major visual difference and one that model car companies are notoriously lazy at keeping up with.