Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi / Blair : 1/8 Scale "Italiano" Buick V8 Drag Bike ...On The Workbench 3/23/17

I seem to remember a E J Potter, "The Michigan Madman" from back in the day.

He raced a bike with a 327 chevy engine I believe.

Does that ring any bells?

David.......oh yes,I remembre EJ........my father asked EJ for a exabition match race.......back in the 60`s.....it .never  happened

Edited by John Teresi

John...  this is a really cool build and you are doing an amazing job on it so far. Love that you have laced your own wheels. They look great. You will knock this one out of the park like you always do on your builds.

Chris.......thanks Brother.......I`m going to try:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I have been working on this build ......just getting around to posting progress pics......the frame I started with a parts box frame and only used the neck and front down tubes and scratch built the rest of the frame to replicate the 1:1 frame.......I painted the frame with Scalefinishes Oldsmobile 85 Chestnut Brown.........I also heavely modified a Small Block Chevy Engine......and turned it into a 215 Buick ......I purchased TDR 3D Printed Small Block Chevy Valve Covers and cut them at a slant and removed a few ribs and turned them into Buick valve covers.......I made a manifold and gas tank and used Archer Bead Weld Decals......and painted the engine,gas tank and manifold Alclad and weathered them........I made a clutch and with clutch plates .......thanks for looking

DSCF3584_zpsoxwn94o1.jpg

DSCF3585_zps5mnixwba.jpg

DSCF3589_zpsb74icccr.jpg

DSCF3590_zpsda9pgmbi.jpg

DSCF3593_zpszlhkrek9.jpg

DSCF3595_zpsilo1c8ky.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John.... Holy Smoke Brother you are the Man and it was worth the wait for these updates. Man you have hit a home run on this so far.  I love all of the little details that you have done so far to it. Those weld beads have blown me away. Between that and all of the gorgeous Alclad work, then lacing your own wheels. This is one of your best by far and another ones of yours that will be on my favorites list. I am already looking forward to your next updates for us, I know they will top this one.

Hello.......Hey Chris,thanks man......glad you like it......I made and painted the headers Alclad and blued them with Tamiya Blue,Red and Yellow.......I made the coil and brkt.and got them attached......and got all the plug wires attached......I made the oi filter and GWS Decals made me the AC Delco decal.......I attached the clutch cable and arm.....I made some foot pegs and brake pedal and master cylinder ......I also made some chain adjusters.......and attached the primary chain.......I used "Pro Tech" and Meng nut and bolt ends through out the bike.......also made the rear fender and painted Alclad.......thanks for looking 

DSCF3620_zpsp6u2ovvb.jpg

DSCF3621_zpsottng3li.jpg

DSCF3622_zpsu2nsmgun.jpg

DSCF3623_zpsbghqzm02.jpg

DSCF3624_zps4xv3l0uz.jpg

Dude... 2 Words.... BAD A$$!!! Holy smokes is this thing looking killer. There is some thing about the oil filter that I just love :wub:. Loving this whole build Actually. This  has sure come to life and is an awesome build. The more you look the more details you see. This has got to be one of my Favorites!!  Looks like you are on the home stretch and there isn't much left to do on it.

Hello.......Chris, Charlie......thanks guys for the kind comments ......I really do apprexciate them:).......I bought some TDR / Shapeways 3D printed Carter Carbs......and Doctored them up a little with "Pro Tech" linkage and nut and bolt ends and also used  "Mennut and bolt ends and I scratch made a few parts...... I still need to add some RB Motion Rod Ends and I painted the Carbs. Tamiya Gold Leaf with a litlle weathering....I also made the air cleaners and painted them Alclad........I also made a battery and GWS Decals made the decal for the battery......thanks for looking

DSCF3642_zpsm2qguort.jpg

DSCF3643_zpsav0mgctq.jpg

DSCF3641_zpsquaxl9el.jpg

DSCF3644_zpshbcx3yiw.jpg

DSCF3645_zpsl2azk43t.jpg