Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Tamiya Ferrari 312b

• 5 months later...

Looking good, my friend...and don't take it personally as it seems as if the 'Big Boyz' doesn't get as much traffic and subsequently far less feedback.  I know I've been checking in now and then on your progress and will continue to do so.

2 hours ago, djmcguire said:

Looking good, my friend...and don't take it personally as it seems as if the 'Big Boyz' doesn't get as much traffic and subsequently far less feedback.  I know I've been checking in now and then on your progress and will continue to do so.

Thanks for the support! It’s greatly appreciated.

On February 25, 2018 at 10:20 PM, Chris Smith said:

i do wish more people would chime in... I do feel like I am talking to myself 

I'll talk with you.... doing an old classic like this is something we all should do.  When I was a teen (last century) did the later Ferrari 1/12 (Niki Lauda's car), loved the fuel lines and wiring, taught me something about details that I have adopted in later models.

I find that getting on this forum takes time away from building, so don't sweat that people aren't cheering you on, but it does help with inspiration!

11 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I'll talk with you.... doing an old classic like this is something we all should do.  When I was a teen (last century) did the later Ferrari 1/12 (Niki Lauda's car), loved the fuel lines and wiring, taught me something about details that I have adopted in later models.

I find that getting on this forum takes time away from building, so don't sweat that people aren't cheering you on, but it does help with inspiration!

Thank you for taking the time in checking out my build.

i myself have not done anything this detailed.

i used to do models wile I was growing up in the 70’s....I forgot how satisfying it is to create something.

I am a big fan of F1 and sports car racing.

Still a big fan of the NHRA. I do wish the model manufacturers would still produce larger kits.. my fat fingers would appreciate it.

cheers Chris 

I guess taking on a highly detailed kit is always daunting, and more so in 1:12 scale. You could go to the 1:8 kits by Pocher but they are extremely expensive for most of us. Some of the 1:24 scale model cars that I have built over the past year have been more detailed than others, so kits like the Emhar Bedford tanker truck, the Revell London Bus and the Italeri Rolls-Royce Phantom II were challenging. The only 1:12 scale kit that I have ever built was a Lotus 49B as raced by Graham Hill in 1968 in the Gold Leaf colours of red, white and gold. The detail was the aspect of that build that I found most satisfying. The 1969 version of that kit was intended to be motorised, but not the re-issue of the kit. I would say that Tamiya kits are probably better than Revell kits, although I do like a lot of the cars that are available as Revell kits.

David