Model Cars Magazine Forum

80s LAPD Impala interior colours, etc ?

I just bought a 1985 Impala from Modelhaus and I'm planning to build a LAPD unit.

And are curious about a few things 

- Did LAPD use 1985 Impala? If not which year models did they use?

- what interior colors did they use?

- Did they use bench seats ?

- Did the rear seat have seat belts ?

Photos would also be appreciated 

Edited by Pace

no pictures, but they more then likely had tan interior with a split bench front seat. not sure if the back seat was stock or the molded plastic type of seat, more then likely back seat belt would have been in the cruiser.

How funny, I have the same exact plan for my Modelhaus Impala. Lucky for you, I've already pulled the legwork on research.

LAPD used 1982 Chevrolet Impalas (there is no difference between the 1981-1985 models) equipped with black rubber floors, tan interiors, and split front bench seats. The 1982s were, to the best of my knowledge, the first models to come equipped with MDTs as standard.

For whatever reason, the LAPD Impalas had black c-pillars, something that no other LAPD squad car has ever had. This is probably the most important thing to remember when doing your model as all movie/TV LAPD Impalas omitted this detail.

l-police1-2.jpg

Edited by av405