Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi / Blair : 1/8 Scale "Italiano" Buick V8 Drag Bike ...On The Workbench 3/23/17 .....Finished "Outside" Pictures Posted 7/12/17

Hello.......I bought some TDR / Shapeways 3D printed Carter Carbs......and Doctored them up a little with "Pro Tech" linkage and nut and bolt ends and also used  "Mennut and bolt ends and I scratch made a few parts...... I still need to add some RB Motion Rod Ends and I painted the Carbs. Tamiya Gold Leaf with a litlle weathering....I also made the air cleaners and painted them Alclad........I also made a battery and GWS Decals made the decal for the battery......thanks for looking

DSCF3642_zpsm2qguort.jpg

DSCF3643_zpsav0mgctq.jpg

DSCF3641_zpsquaxl9el.jpg

DSCF3644_zpshbcx3yiw.jpg

DSCF3645_zpsl2azk43t.jpg

john, thanks for bringing your bike over here. i just love this thing. incredible bike with incredible history. i'd say you're knocking this outa'da park but, that's an understatement.

Hi Dave.......thank you so much for your kind comment......I really take to heart your compliment ......you are one of my favorite builders and the knowledge you know about engines and specs and how you can machine all your work .......just blows me  away......I could never be a machinest.....I just work with plastic......and I try to make something look like something......if that makes sense?........I do the best I can with what I got......and I`m very happy with what I pull off......but,again I thank you for the fine compliment ......your a great friend Dave:)

John.... Outstanding work my friend. This thing is Steller!!! I always though when you started this, that it should of been put in the Drag Racing section to begin with. The details are just amazing and every update it just gets better and better. Love this build.

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)......I heavily modified a parts box front end  to replicate the 1:1 bike......and painted it Alclad and added "Pro Tech" and "Meng" nut and bolt ends and lightly weathered .......I also made the handle bars and painted  them Tamiya Gold Leaf and added a Top Studio toggle switch and attached the clutch cable........I also attached the front wheel......thanks for looking

DSCF3656_zpsmatubupx.jpg

DSCF3660_zpsg1msy7jw.jpg

DSCF3662_zpsqu96ml8b.jpg

DSCF3665_zpsvru97ygk.jpg

Boy... That front end is Beautiful and Looks so good on the bike. This thing is gorgeous. Looking like you only have a few more things to do. She is Darn near done and you are on the home stretch. Can't wait to see her all done. This build is Flooded with Details.....

Hello........Hi Guys.....thank you so much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......My "Little Brother" AKA Chris Sobak  talked me into using some RB Motion  A and N Fittings and Rod Ends......I loved them..... thanks Chris it really made a difference:).......I used "Pro Tech" braided line and nut and bolt ends and T` Fitting.......I also made a seat and painted it with Burbank House of Hobbies "Game Air" ready mix airbrush paint.......and I used some 99 cent store wire for the piping around the seat.......I made some air cleaners and painted them Alclad.......thank you to: GWS Decals for the Custom decals.......and a very Special THANK YOU to a couple of great friends that also helped me with a few things on this build.....you know who you are guys:)......it`s great to have friends that are willing to give and give and help you along the way.......this build is pretty much done .....I will post finished "Outside" pictures when I get back from Art Laski`s  2nd Anual L.A. Roadster Show this Fathers Day weekend in Pomona Building #4..........see you there:)

18582297_1401919296517662_15235926005159

DSCF3714_zpsultmkws4.jpg

DSCF3712_zps95p17xzu.jpg

DSCF3704_zpsgwb8c21m.jpg

DSCF3701_zpswhduchai.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

This would appear to not be humanly possible as with your other builds but you manage to pull it off and pull it off with class. At 1/8 scale, I'll bet its really big. What is the overall length of this magnificent build?

Edited by gasser59

This would appear to not be humanly possible as with your other builds but you manage to pull it off and pull it off with class. At 1/8 scale, I'll bet its really big. What is the overall length of this magnificent build?

Hi Brad........almost 11 inches in length and almost 5 inches tall......thanks