Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barn find. It runs. Honest...

Lovefordgalaxie

This one was built 100% from parts I had laying around. AMT body, Lindberg fenders, AMT frame (broken in three pieces and super glued together) and steel wheels from at least 04 different kits (AMT '40 Ford, AMT '57 Ford, '56 Ford, and AMT '62 Catalina)

Radiator I think it's from the AMT '41 Woodie. Engine is a mix of Lindberg and AMT parts.

Get all of them together and built this in about three hours. It's ugly, and badly done, but hey, the four wheels spin!!!!!

All paint is brush done. 

35239699486_a59538752a_c.jpg1940 Ford barn find. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

35239691136_bc79835838_c.jpg1940 Ford barn find. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

35239684506_34fc751ec8_c.jpg1940 Ford barn find. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

35239710236_c6a49e2716_c.jpg1940 Ford barn find. by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

You guys are kidding right? I slammed this thing together in a few hours from parts from multiple kits. 

NICE, how did you paint the body ????

I gave all parts a base coat of model master gloss black acrylic with a brush, as al parts were different colors. Then I gave the parts multiple washes with dark brown craft acrylic mixed with reddish brown craft acrylic. Between the washes I used a piece of cloth to wipe the body a little, and to create a color variation effect. 

I did it so fast, and without any care, that there are multiple cats hairs stuck to the paint...

But does it leak water and oil?

It leaks all of that, and even blinker fluid.

This looks badass! Love it! 

Thanks!!

I'm surprised the mix of parts go together that well. All of it looks pretty good. And isn't it liberating to throw care to the wind and let the model happen in whatever way it will?

Once in a while I do something like that. Last year I built a '57 Fairlane all beaten up in a couple of days. Pure fun, like we had in the day care days.

First thing I thought of was the 1953 Henry Gregor Felsen novel Street Rod and what the main character's '39 Ford coupe looked like when he bought it - "faded to the color of an old hat."

Is the issue with the fit of the hood a result of using the Lindberg fenders with the AMT body?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

First thing I thought of was the 1953 Henry Gregor Felsen novel Street Rod and what the main character's '39 Ford coupe looked like when he bought it - "faded to the color of an old hat."

Is the issue with the fit of the hood a result of using the Lindberg fenders with the AMT body?

I think so. Probably I could had done a fine tuning sanding the sides of the hood a bit, but I was not in the mood to make a nice looking Frankenstein. 

"But , we like your cars so much that we can't stay away from them !"5940827d85669_CloseUpOliverMolly15may201

Being owned by seven cats is no easy task when it comes to paint a model. Usually I'm very careful about getting cats hairs in the paint. This model is the proof of what would happen if I weren't...