Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hott Bloxx motor and custom re-opened

ajulia

Hello all! I wanted to post up what has been in the garage since the spring time. Everyday gets better and better so I have been able to get back to the bench. I started the 63' impala as a "hopper"<---- try to get the front end as high as possible in the air -Jan or Feb I think. It will be a full detail and operable suspension ( first try at movable parts and scratch built hydro system) over all Im about 85% done on this one and then I moved to the 70' Chevelle "pro-tourer". I removed all chrome triming around the windows and wheel wells and shaved the side of the bumbers to flow with the body of the car. The signals markers were shaved as well along with braking markers. There was a 72' in Chevy high performance that i will replicate ( probably the baddest Chevelle i have seen to date). Last but not least is the 49' merc I will be building for my father who past on the 24 of April. He was a racer at heart but loved to look good in his wheels. So i decided to use the merc- year he was born- and just go to town on her. So lemme know what ya think. As always your comments and stoppin by is always appreciated.. See ya and thanx!!

peace

ajulia

63' Impala "Hopper"

DSCF2063.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

70' chevelle pro tour

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

49 Merc - friday nite street stroller'

49mercakafernan.jpg

DSCF2286.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

I still have the 41' Plymouth extreme custom and a ferrari f430 still to post up. All are wip's and thanx again for stoppin!!

peace

ajulia

Hello Terror! Thanks for stoppin and forgive my tardiness. I actually forgot I posted this. Im headed to syracuse come the las week in July Lets hook sumthin up!!

George!! Hello manito jus trying to spark some flames up hermano!! I got my order of goodies from MCG tody so work will commense starting today. I was able to wet sand the merc and put the whoop on it when the meguiars #7 -Thanks Bluesman for the tip- This is some killer stuff for paint jobs.

See ya around the playground.

Mr. P!! Hello there fella Long time no hear!! It just dawned on me that I have never displayed in the under glass. Well to be honest since October ( Is when I found this here site) I was so awe struck that building just whats in the box went right out the door. Starting w the dioramas so that is why I havent displayed any final builds in the under glass section. You see all the building that im doing is going into the diorama thats under construction. Plus I get intimitaded with the gifted and talented here!! Hopefully ill build the courage up!! HAHAHAHH thanx you guys and gals!!

peace

ajulia

DUDE Those are awsome. How did you do the suspension on the hopper. That is nice. The reason i ask is i want to build another 60 chevy truck and i would like to add something like that. Before the scale auto changed its site there was on that made a working air suspension. I emailed him and he sent me on mail then i asked him what he used and if he could explain it to me so i could do it on one of my truck and i never heard anything again :rolleyes: . Can u help me or let me know. Those are just nice models. Good job and i would love to see more.

DUDE Those are awsome. How did you do the suspension on the hopper. That is nice. The reason i ask is i want to build another 60 chevy truck and i would like to add something like that. Before the scale auto changed its site there was on that made a working air suspension. I emailed him and he sent me on mail then i asked him what he used and if he could explain it to me so i could do it on one of my truck and i never heard anything again ;) . Can u help me or let me know. Those are just nice models. Good job and i would love to see more.

Hello there friend! If i can help in any way Im always game for it!! I just tried to upload from my bucket acc. and nutin! So Ill def have it for you at the top of the week!! Cool manito!!!

Thanx for stoppin

peace

ajulia

Yikes Im having a lotta trouble remaining on my server goes in and out of signal Sorry Tone' I tried to reply to yer comment earlier though!! Thanx for stoppin the impala should roll out within the next week and the merc needs the chassis assembly. The most troublesome project is the suspension for the chevelle not to sure if im going to bag it or scratch 3'' drop arms. We'll see by the time I get the bucks for the goodies for that beast. Well its off to throw the kids in the water and enjoy the rest of my weekend here at brennan beach! upstate NY!!!!! YEAH BOYEE!!!

peace

ajulia

• 8 months later...

Yikes It looks like its bout time for an update!! I havent had much motivation when it comes to the bench as of right now just enduring hard times in the family. We just lost a family member to cancer and I just wanted to make awareness of check ups and health issues... Plz one check up can change your whole life... I miss being around the playground here and hope to get back to things when the dust settles... As for now I do have a bit of an update not much and as always its an WIP' LOL!!

I completed my Death Race build up and would like to show how that came out.

its an old amt kit

Entry name is "Macho 'D' had to alter the name as the first was a bit out there..

I used flt blk as a base coat and began to use the weathering powders to give it a burnt, rusty but well armoured look.

Most of the armour plating was the kit body itself except for the hood that has the interior door panels and a couple pieces from an amt elcamino chassis and bits and pieces from the 2006 camaro concept.

Power supply is brought to you by the kit and some scratch built pieces to complete the trubo system.

George 53 supplied the fire arms. I didnt want to go crazy with the guns so I just went with two 50 mm I think and two zippo packs from my uncle who was in NAM' ( just a story line) attached to my rear panels.. Just in case ya tried zooming by me I'll get the BBQ'n...LOL and the guns well you know.

DSCF3781.jpg

DSCF3777.jpg

DSCF3780.jpg

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3772.jpg

It was a great project to learn about weathering and just finding new ways to add detail to any project..

Next up is my Big Bro's 70 Chevelle pro tour project. This has alot of scratch built stuff and well over 150 parts. Since the camaro went south on me as far getting the parts I needed to originally to replicate Bumble bee i decided to go all out on the chevelle and use the interior and the mill from the camaro into the chevelle. All in all the chassis and suspension is totally scratch and body smoothed out for a slip and slide kinda ride.. Grill is fab'd also hopefully will have this done in the next couple weeks.

"Fatt Mann June"

DSCF3751.jpg

DSCF3668.jpg

DSCF3667.jpg

DSCF3634.jpg

Ill post up whats been done since these pics were taken.

Now its off to show some sneak peeks of the 65' impala street thumper'

Ok all this is the last installment until the chevelle is in the display case also thanks for stoppin by.. Its been awhile since I ve been on. Hopefully that will all change.

here's the 65'

i took the sportsman chassis and with a bit of luck and patience I think i have stretched out a bit.

The power supply is Ross Gibsons .. Unbelievable details in this engine. A must have if ever in the market for a gibson...

on to the pics sorry I talk alot and write even more.... So..

DSCF3626.jpg

DSCF3630.jpg

the power supply Yikes!! LOL

DSCF3619.jpg

DSCF3715.jpg

DSCF3722.jpg

DSCF3720.jpg

Hope you all like and again thanks for taking the time to stop' see ya in the playground...

peace

ajulia

Ok all this is the last installment until the chevelle is in the display case also thanks for stoppin by.. Its been awhile since I ve been on. Hopefully that will all change.

here's the 65'

i took the sportsman chassis and with a bit of luck and patience I think i have stretched out a bit.

The power supply is Ross Gibsons .. Unbelievable details in this engine. A must have if ever in the market for a gibson...

on to the pics sorry I talk alot and write even more.... So..

DSCF3720.jpg

Hope you all like and again thanks for taking the time to stop' see ya in the playground...

peace

ajulia

Past Wicked!!!!!!! :unsure::angry::lol:

• 9 months later...

Hello all! Hope all is well in the homestead you guys and thanks for stoppin in and showing some love Ive been gone for a bit but have been very busy in both worlds.lol! I have the 66 golden anniversary chevelle <----- my take of one anyway and two curb sides the photobucket upload has but them in a default folder and i am unsure as to how to move them to their designated folders.. any help would be great .... well enuff talkin and lets get the walkin hehehehe!!

lindberg 66 chevelle

Model master jet exhaust paint job

Stock genre OOB build

DSCF5382.jpg

DSCF5405.jpg

DSCF5400.jpg

Thanks to my bro george for this kit what a kit to boot.. Could use another HINT! HINT! HINT! lol jus choppin!

Here is the 70 pro tour chevelle for my big bro juni its near completion jus have to final fit the interior and some added tid bits in the engine bay. I have alot of work in this one here and will try to remember the lists

Revell BM kit

model master true blue pearl paint job

pro tour scratchbuilt genre

kitbashed 05' concept camaro

diecast gto rims and rears tires from prowler kit and front tires ferrari f430.

DSCF5251.jpg

DSCF5364.jpg

DSCF5416.jpg

DSCF5370.jpg

DSCF5360.jpg

I tried to upload agin with little luck so Ill post up the 76 caprice and 94 Impala later today or this week..

as always you guys thanks for stoppin in and lemme know watcha tinkin!!!

peace

Tito

Tito,

I'm glad to see that you're back at it!!

The '66 Chevelle looks awesome!! That bad boy looks like it's almost ready to go "Under Glass"!!

Later,

Tito my friendwink.gif

I agree completely with Raul.

Glad ta see ya back "Keepin' on wit the keepin' on" laugh.gif .

Now that you're back - can't wait to see more of your work in the future.

"Keep on wit................" smile.gif

• 11 months later...

Hola everyone! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and wishing an awesome new year to come.

I was able to get to the bench as of late and well jus updating the thread. Ive had the 34' duesie for sometime now and finally got the courage and skills needed to epoxy all the chrome accents. Final assembly is nearing completeion for the exceptions of the step rails and the last spot light near the driver spare tire! This is a beautiful kit and a treat to build up enjoy and thanks for stoppin

DSCF5772.jpg

DSCF5783.jpg

DSCF5785.jpg

Next up is the 57' Eldorado what a bear to get together! Seams were the reasons for placing some kinda chrome trim to rid the body of the marks. Despite the body assembly and obvious proportions, details the kit is ok but makes for a really cool build-up. The wheel package im still torn about not sure if I should put the stock wheel and whitewalls in the weeds or go West Coast Customs style and slam some 24' rims

DSCF5721.jpg

CopyofDSCF5723.jpg

DSCF5759.jpg

DSCF5757.jpg

CopyofDSCF5735.jpg

I should be able to finish these projects up within a week or so depending on "How lucky im feelin' lol have fun everyone and drive safe this holiday!

Peace

Tito

Its been a busy weekend! A fun one as well i forgot the build-up for the Japanese import build-off entry. I have the 70 240z built up as a dail driver but a fun one to boot. This is a box stock for the exception of the 49' merc spot lights used as KC's off roads and the nerfy up front from a 1/28 scale hummer cut down and trimmed for the front clip of the Z! Hope you enjoy and again thanks for stoppin!

DSCF5631.jpg

DSCF5632.jpg

CopyofDSCF5793.jpg

DSCF5798.jpg

yeah those are really nice cars, i really dig that caddy too. dont really like those huge wheels but they are the thing these days i guess. i like it more old skool but it looks like it will turn out great either way!

Z car looks killer too, nice motor detail painting and body weathering!