Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner Cabover with a Detroit

11 hours ago, TheSDTrucker said:

That's the only part of this kit that I didn't like. It would have been really cool to have a true two-in-one kit

Well you can only do one model from most 2 'n 1 kits, it's very few you get 2 complete models.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

He's still going strong. Check out his website if you haven't already.

How long does it usually take to ship the stuff to South Dakota or any other northern Midwestern state?

Edited by TheSDTrucker

4 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I usually get stuff from Jamie in about 2 weeks or less. Have you tried to contact him?

I have contacted him, and the parts have shipped and should be here any day now. I kind of expected that to happen since I ordered over the holidays, but no matter, I'm in no rush to complete this model. In the mean time, my leather piece I ordered just showed up, so I will start on forming the diamond trim pattern to use in the cab. I opted for leather because I don't like the cheap look of the plastic.

I built this interior from a damaged kit just to get some practice. While it is decent for a first time, I'm not fully satisfied with it. My new interior will have real leather covering the plastic to make it more realistic. I am modeling my interior after the burgundy brougham interior. I am using a darker red paint this time for any plastic the leather doesn't cover.

20180109_204755.jpg

20180109_205040.jpg

On 1/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jim B said:

This should be a cool project.  I like the photos of your inspiration truck (nice Kawasaki in the background, too).

Model kits are meant to be built, at least that's my take on it. :)

I agree with Jim on this. model kits are meant to be built. I am sure you will do this one justice !