Model Cars Magazine Forum

Go Mango Orange for my Hemi Cuda *HELP*

I need help determining what color I should get that matches closest to the Vitamin C color on the Pymouth Hemi 'Cuda. I am currently building the Revell Hemi 'Cuda and recently discovered the Tamiya TS14 Orang is a too dark to be the correct Vitamin C color I am trying to achieve. I am looking into the Testors Model Master Go Mango orange, but the problem is, is it really metallic like this? because I am going for a classic look not a restomod look. Here is what I mean by "metallic". 

TES00028106_0_l.jpg.0a6e91fc40c30cd66a9d52d90a976096.jpg

Testors' EK2 Go Mango (Dodge) Vitamin C (Plymouth) is slightly-metallic just like the original colour ---- it's 100% correct for a 1969-1970 Dodge or Plymouth ( the "E" portion of the paint code = "1969" . In ad seq. fashion , 1970 = "F" , 1971 = "G" , and so forth . Unless a colour was reformulated , the first letter remains unchanged . Let's take "B5" and "B7" blues for an instance ; "EB5" became "GB5" for 1971 ; and "EB7" became "GB7" for 1971 . That blue was again reformulated for 1974 , becoming "KB5" . )

6 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Testors' EK2 Go Mango (Dodge) Vitamin C (Plymouth) is slightly-metallic just like the original colour ---- it's 100% correct for a 1969-1970 Dodge or Plymouth ( the "E" portion of the paint code = "1969" . In ad seq. fashion , 1970 = "F" , 1971 = "G" , and so forth . Unless a colour was reformulated , the first letter remains unchanged . Let's take "B5" and "B7" blues for an instance ; "EB5" became "GB5" for 1971 ; and "EB7" became "GB7" for 1971 . That blue was again reformulated for 1974 , becoming "KB5" . )

Sorry to say stay away from Testors Go Mango it's to brownish if you want the real deal use Scale Finishes Go Mango it is the right color ,with a slight metallic .just like my Avatar .

Edited by Mr mopar

30 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Sorry to say stay away from Testors Go Mango it's to brownish if you want the real deal use Scale Finishes Go Mango it is the right color ,with a slight metallic .just like my Avatar .

I respectfully disagree on the Testors Go Mango. I have used it on a couple of different models in the last couple of years and I can't see any Brown in it. Of course we all see colors differently.

1 hour ago, espo said:

I respectfully disagree on the Testors Go Mango. I have used it on a couple of different models in the last couple of years and I can't see any Brown in it. Of course we all see colors differently.

Ok if you respectfully disagree put that testors paint color  up to the real thing not even close ,but if you like it go for it ,I was only trying to help a fellow modeler with this , I know my Mopar's ! here is the real color way brighter .

gg6.JPG

Edited by Mr mopar

I've got a view on this.  For the most accurate color, go with MCW Automotive Finishes Go-Mango, or one of the other real car paint vendors.  However, the Testors Model Masters Lacquer #28106 is a very close match. Not perfect, but very close, especially in 1/25th scale.  Testors did offer an enamel Go-Mango years ago; that color was not even close in my experience and should be avoided.  TIM

5 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I've got a view on this.  For the most accurate color, go with MCW Automotive Finishes Go-Mango, or one of the other real car paint vendors.  However, the Testors Model Masters Lacquer #28106 is a very close match. Not perfect, but very close, especially in 1/25th scale.  Testors did offer an enamel Go-Mango years ago; that color was not even close in my experience and should be avoided.  TIM

... and , took for-ev-er to dry ! Those *enamel* versions were horrible --- you could lay coats down in the typical fashion , hop a plane for Tokyo , visit the Haunted Forest , stay for a year , come back home , and that enamel paint would still be tacky !