Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Datsun Bluebird

59 Impala

Got-er-done this morning and boy did it bring a big smile to my face. It looks like the one I drove on Okinawa (sorta). I've included the Jeep that I built as the one I also drove over there. Man, did this bring back some great memories for me. The license plate is correct also.  Thanks fer lookin. 

Dan

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4745.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

Thanks Lee.  ARII plastic models is the company.  They are from Japan I guess.  The writing on the box is in Japanese and on the instructions.  It's the "Owners Club Series" kit.  1/32nd scale.  I got it on e-bay.  I'm now looking for their Toyota Publica kit so I can build a replica of one that I also owned while on Okinawa.  Yes, it''s curbside.  I had to convert it from right hand drive to left hand drive for my car.

Dan

Thanks guys. Yes Erik, I had one.  Paid 75 bucs for it and drove it for 11 months when smoke came out from under the dash.  Got 50 bucs for it on a trade in.  Then drove a Toyota Publica until I left the island.  Here are a couple pics of the 1:1 car.  By the way, the Jeep in the picture is the one I drove also.  Made a replica of that also.

Dan

C Okinawa 52.jpg

C Okinawa 53.jpg