Model Cars Magazine Forum

'02 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Collector Edition

echoxrayniner

One of mah decal projects' finally done now I finally got my friggin' decal sheets in the mail. Tried to accurately replicate the realsies thing, only problem being that the Revell kit comes with the single exhaust set up... Also, the kit's rare as sin these days and I happened to find a pre-owned kit that was still complete, however nearly everything had warped horribly, especially the body and the bumpers.

2002firebirdce-9.jpg
2002firebirdce-4.jpg
2002firebirdce-12.jpg
2002firebirdce-21.jpg
2002firebirdce-20.jpg
2002firebirdce-19.jpg
2002firebirdce-15.jpg

Edited by echoxrayniner

On 2/12/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ron Hamilton said:

Looks good Ray. One thing though, the "A" pillars were black on that series of Trans Ams. I sold one of those when I was in the car biz. he guy who bought it was a very happy camper.

Aha, dangit I knew it! I went out of my way to try and keep the color on 'em, didn't even have to it turns out! Well atleast it's easily mended, thanks for the heads up Ron!

On 2/12/2018 at 9:14 PM, kelson said:

Where did you get the decals from?,or do you sell them?.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, carman1 said:

Very nice build  !  Where can we get these decals  ?

I made 'em myself for funsies, given the last generation of the Firebird had literal annual releases through most of the nineties by AMT and partially Revell/Monogram, and even the anniversary editions got some love from Revell - however the '02 CE... just nothing. And yeppers they're for sale, though I do need to have more printed...

2002firebird.jpg

13 hours ago, echoxrayniner said:

Aha, dangit I knew it! I went out of my way to try and keep the color on 'em, didn't even have to it turns out! Well atleast it's easily mended, thanks for the heads up Ron!

I made 'em myself for funsies, given the last generation of the Firebird had literal annual releases through most of the nineties by AMT and partially Revell/Monogram, and even the anniversary editions got some love from Revell - however the '02 CE... just nothing. And yeppers they're for sale, though I do need to have more printed...

2002firebird.jpg

Great!,i'll keep an eye out for them.