Model Cars Magazine Forum

And Yet Another AMT Twister

.... still another build of the AMT Twister "Vega?" ....... it's really more of a '78 Monza S ...... but when AMT grafted the Monza nose on the Vega body they left the Vega vents right behind the side glass ..... even as a Monza with a V-6, the car didn't sell well

..... the kit is a cobble ..... called a "Pro Stock" but with a blower and injector for the engine which was never allowed in Pro Stock ...... so I cobbled it a little further and turned my build into a  Super Gas  rig from the Texas Panhandle ....... pretty much a box stock build with the exception of carbs and intake manifold from the parts box ...... Testors Wimbledon White paint ..... Slixx decals

%0A (48).jpg

%0A (44).jpg

%0A (47).jpg

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, Old Coyote said:

.... still another build of the AMT Twister "Vega?" ....... it's really more of a '78 Monza S ...... but when AMT grafted the Monza nose on the Vega body they left the Vega vents right behind the side glass ..... even as a Monza with a V-6, the car didn't sell well

..... the kit is a cobble ..... called a "Pro Stock" but with a blower and injector for the engine which was never allowed in Pro Stock ...... so I cobbled it a little further and turned my build into a  Super Gas  rig from the Texas Panhandle ....... pretty much a box stock build with the exception of carbs and intake manifold from the parts box ...... Testors Wimbledon White paint ..... Slixx decals

%0A (48).jpg

%0A (44).jpg

%0A (47).jpg

.....Looks just great...should get off my butt and slap mine together..lol.....thanks for sharing...the Ace...:D

7 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Excellent build of a challenging kit!  It has the right "look" to it!  Sure would like to see some  more pics of the engine compartment, (from above),  and chassis, too!

The chassis is the kit platform chassis (the same as in the MPC Bruce Larson Pro Stock kit) ...... the driveline, rear end, and suspension are molded in the platform

The engine is the big block Chevrolet supplied with the kit, however the blower, injector, and all the blower drive equipment are all left off (as these parts would not be legal for Pro Stock , or Super Gas either). The front cover, intake manifold, carburetors, velocity stacks, and radiator hose came from my parts box.

As I said, this is just a very basic build of an ex Pro Stock car which is now being run as a Super Gas car out of the Texas panhandle, also known as "the High Plains".

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02624.jpg