Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Plymouth Superbird

Bartimaeus5000

So far Ive got the body painted in Go Mango with a black top, the interior is unfinished yet, the plan is black with body match trim inside, had a minor setback with the light falling and knocking the pieces over. Will not stop production though. This is only the 6th model I've built so i know its not the best but if i get a little better with each one then ill be happy.

20180201_180315.jpg

20180201_152151.jpg

20180124_161131.jpg

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus5000 said:

Thank you Geno, I'm hunting for the daytona just to have the pair now.

You're welcome. Here's one you might consider. It's a 1/24 scale diecast kit. It would make a good match since the Superbird kit is also 1/24. I have it and bought it off of Ebay for $20. Prices vary though, just keep an eye out and you can generally find one cheaper than a plastic kit like I did. Most everything is already painted, unless you want to change something and or do some minor detailing. Having the body already pre-painted helps a lot as getting the wing painted to match the decal stripe in a plastic kit can be tricky dependent on the base coat color of your model. it can throw the shading of the stripe off a bit making it look mismatched. Just a tip to maybe help. Good luck and most of all have fun. That's what it's all about.:D

s-l640.jpg

And here's how it looks assembled. Not too shabby.

LM69Daytona40-vi.jpg

Edited by Geno