Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor City Resins 1973-4 LWB Ford Econoline

Here's to Motor City's 1973-4 Econoline Ford Van LWB :

Overall, quality was anywhere from Nice to real nice . What it lacks , the Tie rod as it was unique to the 1969-74 models with the "Center Link " that was very troublesome in real life , a Center bearing for the two piece drive shaft on LWB models only and mirrors .

OK, I made my own Junior west coast mirrors out of Evergreen and paper clips . I also made a copy of the Art Forms design 4 hole snack tray my company manufactured 1972 - 1983. The seats could have stood some improvements too had someone WANTED to have used the "Low Back " park benches .

Inside , notice that the motor box was for the 289-302 V-8 , NOT the 240 cylinder six . The windshield that was sent and vacuum formed by Motor city took quite some doing to even fit half way close . I still install automobile glass and I could have probably done better taking Flat sheet and making my own .

I'm told that robbing parts from the AMT Vantom Van will net parts not on the Motor city trans kit . Well, I had an Ala kart and a Revell 1966 Mustang . The kart has the same steering wheel offered optionally by Ford with a Bullet center . The Mustang had wheels that look right at home . Testors has the 1 coat lacquer French Blue that is a close match to the Blue offered on Econolines 1969-74 too. I suggest you shoot it over top of a red Oxide primer as one , THAT is what Ford used on the 1-1 van and TWO, it darkens the Blue .

I can recommend this trans truck kit because one , Tom Elfrit , in spite of NOT having a 1973 Van in front of him seemed to get all the major proportions correct . Motor City deserves MAJOR kudos over having the guts to take on a subject that the model kit companies simply refuse to do !

w1qORT3DrbQrwaH_htkD5a9h192NGYcYeUs9h8fCOhUpX92IB.jpg

bUEsLLg1imM7j5ujW8VoKC5Xy8f8OpMX91PoYZW9awopX92IB.jpg

• 8 months later...