Model Cars Magazine Forum

Check out Dragzine.com

NYLIBUD

I looked, but didn't see anywhere to subscribe. Are they an online only magazine? I pretty much can't spend much time reading online stuff. I'm kind of limited to good, old fashioned printed material. If there is a print version available, could you post a link? Thanks.

11 hours ago, smhardesty said:

I looked, but didn't see anywhere to subscribe. Are they an online only magazine? I pretty much can't spend much time reading online stuff. I'm kind of limited to good, old fashioned printed material. If there is a print version available, could you post a link? Thanks.

No sorry,I believe they're just an on line site.As far as I know,there are no magazines.Although if you really like drag racing,and you want to read a magazine instead.Pick up a copy of RPM magazine.There are tons of great photos and really interesting articles.

IMG_3594.JPG

RPM mag is actually one I have bookmarked for consideration. Yep, it appears to be a pretty decent mag.

Thanks for the info on Dragzine.com. I didn't think I had missed a way to subscribe to a printed edition, but thought I'd double check with somebody else.

I really think RPM magazine has to be the best drag racing/car publication out right now.Especially if you are into pro mods,wild Outlaw street cars,pro streets,and any other cool drag cars.Car Craft,and Hotrod:P don't even come close..Finally the Barnes and Noble near me decided to carry it on their news stand.Like this months,which I just happen to pick up yesterday,has a spread on one of the sickest blown Dodge Demons I've ever seen.Seriously pick up a copy.And like I said,the photography is excellent.Before you know it,you'll be subscribing to it.

Will do. I'll have to hit a news stand or some other place with a better assortment of magazines. That little spot where I picked up the August 'MOPAR Action' didn't have RPM. I'm leaning toward getting a subscription to 'MOPAR Action' even though they only publish 6 issues a year. I prefer monthly mags to keep me a little busy. 

Thanks for the info!

Mopar Action is another Excellent magazine.Then theres,Mopar Muscle,Chrysler Power,and a few more.I wonder whatever happened to Popular Hot Rodding.Does anyone know if they are still around?I don't see them anywhere anymore. 

IMG_3599.JPG

That's what I thought.Ah that sucks.The magazine had been around for years.Maybe not as long as Hot Rod,but still,it was a very good magazine.I think two other mags I used to read also bit the dust."Offroad",and "Four wheel,and SUV"

In addition to Popular Hot Rodding these are the other titles cut by T.E.N.

Rod & Custom, High Performance Pontiac, Custom Classic Trucks, 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility, Mud Life, 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords, Modified Mustangs & Fords, Camaro Performers, GM High-Tech Performance, Import Tuner, and Honda Tuning

I had subscribed to a number of these titles and was disheartened to see them axed. That and changes made to the current crop of titles have helped make the decision to no longer subscribe to anything they publish.

Plenty of other interesting and better stuff out there both in print and digital.

Edited by Phirewriter

3 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

In addition to Popular Hot Rodding these are the other titles cut by T.E.N.

Rod & Custom, High Performance Pontiac, Custom Classic Trucks, 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility, Mud Life, 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords, Modified Mustangs & Fords, Camaro Performers, GM High-Tech Performance, Import Tuner, and Honda Tuning

I had subscribed to a number of these titles and was disheartened to see them axed. That and changes made to the current crop of titles have helped make the decision to no longer subscribe to anything they publish.

Plenty of other interesting and better stuff out there both in print and digital.

Wow,your absolutely right.Its been so long since I've seen those mags on the stand I forgot about some of them.Mud life,like I said,4wheel,and SUV.5.0,High performance Pontiac.GM High tech,and the rest.Actually there are no Pontiac magazines at all,I believe..Oh well,what can you do.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:30 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Mopar Action is another Excellent magazine.Then theres,Mopar Muscle,Chrysler Power,and a few more.I wonder whatever happened to Popular Hot Rodding.Does anyone know if they are still around?I don't see them anywhere anymore. 

IMG_3599.JPG

I just finished a one year subscription to Chrysler Power, and one year is enough. I have a lot of older mags for reference (model building) material, but I really need to thin down the herd as I have way too many.

Oh man,Ive got stacks of magazines.In fact I'll sometimes try and sell them at a swap meet/car show for a buck each.But it really is too bad that they got rid of Off-Road,and 4Wheel,and SUV.I'am a Jeep guy,so that's two less:angry::( magazines to read about off-roading..

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, smhardesty said:

I just logged on to it.There is a live feed of Drag racing . I clicked on it and the Subscribe to popped up.

Mike 1017