Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trevor, a guy from our local model builders club got this from Ebay... Someone had already started the crewcab project but had abandoned it. Trevor did some work to it but desided it was too much bodywork and asked me if I'd take a stab at it. So I've been blasting away at it... the first pics are from him before I got a hold of it. I plan on surprising him with all the finishes and details with matte paint job and gloss accents.

IMG_22551.jpg

IMG_22531.jpg

IMG_22541.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-100542.png

Screenshot_20180810-100644.png

On 8/10/2018 at 10:48 AM, thatz4u said:

got your hands full with this one

My thoughts exactly! I sure hope you can make the needed corrections and do your buddy proud! Surprised no one ever offered this in resin, but considering that getting AMT to re-issue these kits has been dang near impossible, not too hard to believe.

10 hours ago, modelguy45 said:

so this a monster truck or lifted 

I don't really know his plans for it... I just set those tires under it for the photo... I do know he's using a desiel engine in it. So I think he's doing an Extreme Deisel Brothers type Street truck/Off Road multi-use Truck but I'm not sure... I shot some paint on it... I tried to consider him and his preference in the design... I hope he likes it... Thanks for checking it out...

20180825_223236.jpg

20180825_223347.jpg

• 1 month later...