Model Cars Magazine Forum

USRRC Cobra rear axle problem

What's up with the rear suspension on this kit, I can't get things to line up properly (like rear axle cover to tranny!) even though it appears like things are right, there's a Gremlin in this Cobra somewhere!

Thanks.

Edited by Speedfreak

That made me laugh JC! No, the axle is not upside down. I think I have it figured out, The problem being that the contact point for the main piece, (axles and axle housing) sit too high (yes they are put in correctly) resulting in the pieces that fit over that (pieces 8-9 in instructions shown) do not touch the frame, which they must in order to secure everything. 

I just added shims where necessary so everything will now reach the frame. I can't believe I'm the only one that has ever encountered this problem with this kit. This kit has many issues, starting with the frame, but , none with the figures that are included! Plus you get a 'certificate of authenticity' endorsed by Carroll Shelby himself, who could ask for more!

Thanks JC, 

(oh BTW the instructions in the USRRC kit actually name all the parts, which is nice)  

Edited by Speedfreak

On 2018-08-31 at 2:39 AM, Speedfreak said:

I can't believe I'm the only one that has ever encountered this problem with this kit. This kit has many issues,

I built one of these Revell/Monogram Cobras back in 1988-89 when it first came out (the metal flake blue Cobra S/C with #98 on it) and don't remember having any problems at all, it went together nicely without any modifications as I recall.

4 hours ago, Force said:

I built one of these Revell/Monogram Cobras back in 1988-89 when it first came out (the metal flake blue Cobra S/C with #98 on it) and don't remember having any problems at all, it went together nicely without any modifications as I recall.

Same here, no problems at all.