Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flintstone '34 Ford Bonneville coupe

Thanks for the pictures as they answer one basic question of how the frame rails look exiting that narrow nose. Thanks also for adding the side photo of the basic JF casting, as I wonder what those indentations on the side of the hood are for. They are only on one side. I am tempted to fill that in a use either weed burner or zoomie headers. I will probably use tall and skinny JF resin disc wheels and tires on this build. This will be a slammer as anyone who has this piece knows Jimmy put huge crossways supports inside that would require Hours of grinding I am Not going to do. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Maybe it's based on a diecast body, and those three holes are for mounting some type of exhaust header?

The orange car pictured above, Jim Ewing's Super Bell coupe, was the first thing which came to mind when I saw the very tapered nose, but the main body section looks a lot like the Pierson Brothers' coupe:

2016-03-21_21-10-01.jpg

Either way, you can't go wrong with scallops and Moon discs on a Bonneville car. :)

HiThanks for the pictures as they answer one basic question of how the frame rails look exiting that narrow nose. Thanks also for adding the side photo of the basic JF casting, as I wonder what those indentations on the side of the hood are for. They are only on one side. I am tempted to fill that in a use either weed burner or zoomie headers. I will probably use tall and skinny JF resin disc wheels and tires on this build. This will be a slammer as anyone who has this piece knows Jimmy put huge crossways supports inside that would require Hours of grinding I am Not going to do. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

JF also offers the track nose version shown in that vintage black and white picture. Whoever did his master used the exact same main body casting from the cowl back as the Bonneville version. Both are interesting pieces so I bought both then decided the Bonneville piece was the one needing me the most. I may put eight exhaust headers exiting the hood at ground level hinting at straight eight motivation hidden within.

• 2 weeks later...