Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new project! Im going to use alot of time for detailing and painting and every progress. Hopefully its my masterpiece when its finished and done. So shortly,  Its going to be something special  B)

Engine has started for progress.. Not much happened so far but maybe on next week i have more time to make some serious progress.. ^_^

_medium.jpg

Engine is from kit, and those Edelbrock valvecovers are from some AMT model kit, i believe its `55 Chevy Stepside..

_medium.jpg

Im using Highlight Model Studio detailing parts for this build, and here are especially photoetch set designed for 64-66 Chevy pick ups.. First i started modifying tail lights, i am filling original places with glue and plastic sprue number plates, then i will sand them smooth and use filler later for really smooth finish.. PE light will be glued there, just when im about doing final detailing.. Body work first..

_medium.jpg

Thank you guys!

Here is little update..

Engine has got some color, and i have drilled some holes for wiring..

_smaller.jpg

I did modify intake for double carb system, since it was originally for one carb. Carbs are from AMT `62 Bel Air.. Oil cap and some other caps that im using for this build.

_smaller.jpg

Piece of plastic rod, glued together with photoetch part and sanded to shape..  
Photoetch Oil cap is from Highlight Model Studio HME-006

_smaller.jpg

Thank you :)

Made progress with engine, painted and weathered heater, also i made those tubes on side for attaching heater hoses.. Wheels are going to be full customized by me.. I used Monogram Mopar wheels for start.. Cut centers off and make those High light model studio beauty rings fit on there.. Just some careful sanding until they fit, takes bit time and patience, but i think its worth of it.. B)

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Hello!

Here is another update. Chevy is going to be all dressed up. Again some more photoetched goodies here and there.

Highlight Model Studio
Headlight visors from HME-016 Beetle detail set 2
Emblem set, cant remember set number, set is somewhere on my desk :lol: ?
Door panels HME-038

Emblems i just simply detail painted and glued with white glue.

_smaller.jpg

Head light visors i did cut of from sheet and turn them around of paint prush to get right shape. Also i did sand off some material from lenses, so visors will fit perfectly..

_smaller.jpg

For door panels, i did cut off center part and made that PE panel to fit there. Also used some styrene strips to fill empty places and to add some trim. More progress with these will come later.

_smaller.jpg

Just some Molotow, and brush painting so far for dash board. Looks bit rough now, but its going to be all blended and detailed.

_smaller.jpg

Time for another update! I hand painted rear bumper. Also i made steering wheel with using Monogram Cadillac part and Highlight Model Studio parts from Chevy detailing set HME-035.. Dash board is still in progress, there is some parts from HMS detailing sets also, like that grill on top of dash, and radio face is from interior detail set, i just added those knobs... and more to come.. How about those flags on front bumper? B)

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Edited by Janne Herajärvi
Adding more info

Thank you guys!

Here is just little more progress with parts you did see on latest updates.. Painting and weathering mostly. ^_^

For that metallic door panel, i did paint some olive drab there and sanded bit so metal come visible. Looks pretty cool tought.. Number decals are from Revell Thunderbolt WW2 fighter plane, i will use some more decals from that one later in this build.. "Balls out" :D

_smaller.jpg

Steering wheel got also some color.. and weathering comes later for that..

_smaller.jpg

Lets get back to rear bumber.. To my eye it will look bit cartoonish now but i will believe that looks get blended for more realistic look when im done with all weathering.. So far i just did some rust washes for panels in random..

_smaller.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, here is quick tutorial for making High light model studio HME-029 Truck tool box! Im using this one for my Fleetside. I will scratch build hanger locks later. There are plenty of choices for color themes, or build it without any painting and it still looks great. I painted my box to suit theme of Chevy truck, just added those decals from my decal collection.B)

Tools i needed so far.. 

Good scissors, they are actually designed for jewel making, but they are very handy with PE parts and small decals for example.. 

Good straight lined tweezers, for bending parts, there are actually tools for making bend corners for PE parts, but since i can live without those tools, i do this my way.

Diamond file.. To smoothen those part connector places when you cut out them from sheet.

_smaller.jpg

Tweezers will point to bending marks that will help you locate and line up your bending tool. Tweezers and thumb is my bending tool :D

_smaller.jpg

My tweesers are now located between 2 of bending marks, then i just carefully start bending with my thumb.. Its good to press part between tweesers, and double check that it will line up nicely and straight. 90 degree bend needed here. Box corner will need bend for every side, to make corners touch closely eatch others. Pictures help you get the idea.

I used same high technologic technique to bend all parts needed so far.

_smaller.jpg

Dont forget to check that your corners and everything else will line up nicely after bend.

_smaller.jpg

I did this tutorial in 2 parts for my social media accounts, so here are note boxes edited straight on photos..

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Edited by Janne Herajärvi

1 hour ago, vintageford said:

Cool stuff here!! So, no yellow on the exterior paint?

Thank you.. There is no yellow in exterior so far.. I have passinger side unpainted so far.. and tail gate.. I might add some.. or not.. :D U know its built from pieces of several cars.. There might be parts in differend colors.. ^_^

Little update, about decals weathering and painting. Also i made bomber seats for this truck from High light model studio bomber seat kit. Just painted center parts with Model master "leather" brown and little blackwash for nice finish.. Also there is my self printed mural under the hood.. More progress soon as possible.. B)

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg