Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 AMC Javelin SST Trans Am

satterwhite78

7 hours ago, landman said:

Love it. i remember riding around in a 68. Lotsa fun. Nice build.

A '68 was my Mom's first new car............... ;)

Img_0113.png.4c2d04aa6e944c391ec6009c846dea9c.png

I think this pic was taken Easter Sunday of '68.........had to be as I didn't have glasses yet, but would definitely need them before I started school again later that year.

She later got rid of it and during the summer of '69, she got another Javelin. This one had the 390/auto with air, power steering and brakes. She would have that one for the next 10 years and yes......you just don't see them anymore on the roads. IMO, one of AMC's best designs along with the AMX!

43 minutes ago, BubbingScrubbles said:

That looks fantastic! A 70 Javelin is basically my holy grail kit because I own a 1:1 one that's white with black stripes. I'm very curious how much you paid for the model you used. Whenever I see them they are certainly not going for cheap. I also LOVE the addition of the airfoil spoiler that they put on the Trans Am cars. 

qZFLfT6.jpg

The vendor was asking $45 and I countered with $35, due to the questionable 3 piece frt bumper assembly. Not biting at my offer, I came back a little later and he accepted  $40. I don't think he had any interest from anyone that morning but still would have paid him his asking price of he didn't bulge.....you just don't find them. 

Edited by satterwhite78
Additional comments

5 minutes ago, satterwhite78 said:

The vendor was asking $45 and I countered with $35, due to the questionable 3 piece frt bumper assembly. Not biting at my offer, I came back a little later and he accepted  $40. I don't think he had any interest from anyone that morning but still would have paid him his asking price of he didn't bulge.....you just don't find them. 

That's nuts dude. I've seen them go at least double that on ebay consistently. Unbuilt ones with boxes sell way higher too.