Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need burnt orange paint

Hi

I just got back into model building and I'm kit bashing the Revell 41 Willys gasser.

I would like to paint it burnt orange metallic.

I saw Tamiya has a color but don't know how looks. (PS61)

Also dupli color makes a paint I believe for a Nissan.

Thanks 

The TS-92 from Tamiya is maybe the easiest to work with, but a couple of other paints to consider are from Testors in their One Coat Lacquer series. They have two different shades of Orange Mt. and as you have already found the color can be changed by what color primer you use. Their #1831 Mica Fiery Orange is the lighter of the two. The other is #1840 Flaming Orange is a little brighter. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

The TS-92 from Tamiya is maybe the easiest to work with, but a couple of other paints to consider are from Testors in their One Coat Lacquer series. They have two different shades of Orange Mt. and as you have already found the color can be changed by what color primer you use. Their #1831 Mica Fiery Orange is the lighter of the two. The other is #1840 Flaming Orange is a little brighter. 

Fiery Orange is a nice color, but it's MUCH too flaky/sparkly for any kind of factory paint. Here it is over black primer. 

Revell68VetteHT11.jpg.110953fdbabfbdff695b874099326134.jpg