Model Cars Magazine Forum

2001 Nissan Skyline 25GT Turbo, What's In The Box

martinfan5

Nice, should have mine in a couple days.  Wondering about the separate fenders and hood, maybe they changed for a later model year?  The R34 ran for 4-5 years?  Or they have tuner versions planned w/ flares, etc (like all the coupe variants that have been done). 

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Nice, should have mine in a couple days.  Wondering about the separate fenders and hood, maybe they changed for a later model year?  The R34 ran for 4-5 years?  Or they have tuner versions planned w/ flares, etc (like all the coupe variants that have been done). 

There were no major sheet metal changes throughout the production run, so most likely Aoshima is preparing for flared fender versions.

32 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

Unless I miss my guess, this kit is a stock variant produced out of the kit Aoshima did of the famous (in the drifting world) Blitz ER34 Skyline sedan that competed in the D1GP series for several years. That may explain the separate fenders. 

3a5bef0d33c4cd72890bbd3e99e44454.jpg

The fenders on that kit are part of the body and it's been reissued a bazillion and a half times sans D1 tie-in as the URAS R34 Sedan. 

As Rob stated it's a completely new tool kit, the front clip pieces being separate allow them to tool other variations by swapping out some parts rather than creating entirely new body cavity pieces. We've seen this from Aoshima with the Toyota ProBoxs - which will presumably be backdated to their earlier sheet metal at some point and probably see some VIP action. As well as the Toyota Vellfire/Alphard van kits from Fujimi.

I suspect this kit will see either GT-X or GT-V spec at some point which was the more base model More Door Skyline as well as backdating the car prior to it's 2000 face-lift.

Nissan_Skyline_1998.jpg.65f1af85f5333ec74f6cfdeaf9d4b378.jpg