[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Maintenance   03/14/2019

The board is going offline Saturday, May 25th, from 9 AM PDT until 3 PM for a software upgrade. See posting in General.
Sign in to follow this  
krassandbernie

'53 Ford pickpu tuck'n roll interior

This is one of our latest custom tuck’n roll interior conversions. It is designed for the AMT 1953 Ford F-100 pickup kit; and may very well work with the former MPC (now AMT) tilt nose ’53 Ford pickup kits as well. It consists of a reworked bench seat with pleated pattern and piping along the perimeter, two 100% scratch built pleated door panels, separate door handles, window cranks, and arm rests that can be pinned to the door panels for ease of assembly and painting, and an optional template should the builder decide to make a simple filler piece out of sheet stock to hide the back side of the firewall area on the inside of the cab. As usual, feel free to drop me a line at lowcab36@epix.net with your questions or to place an order. Thanks! Ed..........Drag City Casting.

DSCN7338vi-vi.jpg

DSC09113-vi.jpg

DSC06185vi-vi.jpg

DSC06111vi-vi.jpg
DSC06192vi-vi.jpg
DSC06225vi-vi.jpg
DSC06224vi-vi.jpg

91343177_6115239934296064000_o-vi.jpg

Edited by krassandbernie

Looks very nice. Ed's products are well thought out and add a lot to a model. I have always been pleased with what I have purchased.

And remember, the AMT kit doesn't even have a bucket interior, the side panel details are engraved(poorly) on the inside of the body. These parts are an incredible upgrade over what the kit supplies.

Got mine in the mail today - must say, very nice!

Chris

On 2/5/2019 at 3:11 PM, rssschris said:

Got mine in the mail today - must say, very nice!

Chris

And I got mine yesterday. Pretty much zero flash and nicely cast. It isn't terribly clear in Ed's pictures, but the kit comes with inside door handles, armrests and window cranks.

Looks really nice

Should also be mentioned, it does fit the former MPC 53 flip nose pickup as well. You'll have to trim the front of the side panels a little to fit, but otherwise fits it nicely.