Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello everyone! My name is Jason. I am from a little town in Northern Ca called Red Bluff. 

I am 45 and I started building when I was 8 yrs old. I stepped away in my early 20s to focus on 1/25th slot cars and to raise my two daughters. Eventually I progressed into scale radio control and vintage bmx ,which I am still actively involved. 

My kids are now grown and ive decided to get back at it. I am currently trying to get a few box stock builds completed to refresh my skills. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning as much as i can along the way. 

Anyone else from my neck of the woods??

I'm not, but my father-in-law was. He was born in Big Bend, and lived in Redding for at least a while. My wife worked out of the Redding Forest Service office before we got married. 

Your story is a familiar one to a lot of us. I managed to maintain a low level of building when my kids were young. I even put my daughter to work detail painting for me. She did a great job too. Welcome back, and have fun in our virtual clubhouse.