Model Cars Magazine Forum

65´Ford Ranchero stock 1/25 Trumpeter

Hello, everyone. The model is designed to portray an old work car. Trumpeter's kit did well, beautiful and clean with embellishments, but the plastic doesn't stick well with solvent glue. A second adhesive must be used. Plastic also crumbles a lot. That's all from my pickups so far. I've got three more pickups set up on my desk, so I'll be adding gradually.

DSC01.JPG

DSC012.JPG

DSC02.JPG

DSC03.JPG

DSC04.JPG

DSC05.JPG

DSC06.JPG

DSC07.JPG

DSC08.JPG

DSC09.JPG

DSC010.JPG

Hello Ken.  I used classical technique. The base is brown and red, with a layer of varnish on it. (But there was a weak layer) I'm applying water and salt to it. Drying the application with background paint and yellow. Then I scrub the salt and get irregular abrasions. I'm still learning, so I'm choosing even not entirely good practices. I used the yellow Gunze GX, and it's too thick and a thick layer forms. My salt was getting badly removed. I wasn't very happy, so I still applied the orange and brown-and-red sintetics of Humbrol to the hood and the cork and did a correction with the diluent. I'm sure I won't use Gunze GX as my last color for other models. Of course, thank you nicely. :-)

Thank you guys so much for the nice sentences. :-)

For Joe M.Published: Ahoj Joe. Jak se máš ? :-) Hi, Joe. How are you? :-) Well, that's nice of you to visit Brno. I live in Prague, but I know it a bit in Brno, too. What was your favorite beer? I'm sending you all the pictures I have of Rancher and Jeep's construction. Unfortunately, I don't take too many photos during construction to save time. But for other structures I do rusted I take more pictures and then I put them here. Have a good time.

DSC014.JPG

DSC015.JPG

DSC016.JPG

DSC017.JPG

DSC018.JPG

DSC019.JPG

DSC020.JPG

DSC021.JPG

DSC022.JPG

DSC023.JPG

DSC025.JPG

DSC024.JPG

DSC026.JPG

DSC027.JPG

On 9/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, Fairfax said:

Thank you guys so much for the nice sentences. ?

For Joe M.Published: Ahoj Joe. Jak se máš ? :-) Hi, Joe. How are you? ?Well, that's nice of you to visit Brno. I live in Prague, but I know it a bit in Brno, too. What was your favorite beer? I'm sending you all the pictures I have of Rancher and Jeep's construction. Unfortunately, I don't take too many photos during construction to save time. But for other structures I do rusted I take more pictures and then I put them here. Have a good time.

Hi Michal! Thank you very much for the pictures! I am new to all of this, haven't built any since I was a child, so I very much appreciate you sharing your technique here. I will have to give this a try on one of my upcoming builds.

Which beer did I like best? ALL OF THEM! (except Budvar) You have a great selection of excellent beers, and of all I tried I think my favorite was at Hotel Pegas in Brno - they brew on the 1st floor and have a restaurant, with the hotel above.

My wife and I have to visit Praha! I arrived and departed via Vienna, took either the student bus or train to Brno; I did get to spend time in Vienna which blew my mind, I bet Prague is even better!

Edited by average_joe

Hi, Joe ! Prague has a bigger historical centre than Brno, so it is a better backdrop for tourism. It's true that smaller private breweries with a not-so-widespread brand make even better beer. I'm looking forward to your construction. Go ahead! :-)