Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Dart Swinger Big Block Scratchbuilt 1/25 Scale

11 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

More excellent work, Francis! I've no idea how I missed this one. The gauge faces are beautiful!

No worry Daniel!  A lot of good projects are going on everywhere on this forum and I also have hard time to not miss anything.  Thanks for the kind words by the way!  Take care, Francis

Excellent build!

Just a little info on drive line hoops. You will quite often find them at the rear on a lot of high HP/TQ street rods because the rear joints will fail more often from axle wrap, depending on the suspension design, of course. When the rear breaks, the driveshaft whips around violently. I've seen it, it's scary! The rear hoop prevents that. The front hoop is for the reasons stated, pole vault. The front joint breaking can be catastrophic, while the rear just trashes the car, hence the reason NHRA requires the front.

5 hours ago, Mike Young said:

Excellent build!

Just a little info on drive line hoops. You will quite often find them at the rear on a lot of high HP/TQ street rods because the rear joints will fail more often from axle wrap, depending on the suspension design, of course. When the rear breaks, the driveshaft whips around violently. I've seen it, it's scary! The rear hoop prevents that. The front hoop is for the reasons stated, pole vault. The front joint breaking can be catastrophic, while the rear just trashes the car, hence the reason NHRA requires the front.

Hello Mike!  A fellow member has already pointed this flaw (or mistake) on my builds and I must say that I wasn't aware of the NHRA regulation regarding this.  I'm now fully conscient and I will address this on my future builds and maybe add another safety hoop at 6 inches (in scale as well) of the front drive shaft joint on my already built models when the time permit me.  Thanks for your kind comment and the useful infos about the safety hoop, I do appreciate!  Take care, Francis

• 1 month later...