Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 coupe on 32 rails

jeffinvt

I was just gathering parts to fix an old broken build when I got distracted by my parts pile.  I was digging around and came across the block and blower from the Stevens international reissue of the parts pack engines. So my mission changed and I gathered parts to build something with that. I am low on hot rod kits to bash, so I came up with what I could. I kept it traditional as far as suspension goes so I can post on TRAK if I can figure out a hosting solution for free.  I am not chopping this one, east coast style and will do less of a channel than I usually go for.   I would like to retain the functioning rumble seat, but that’s looking unlikely, we shall see.   The wheels and tires will be modelhaus, but I just ordered so it may be a little while.   I am using unknown fronts and modelhaus rears for mock-up purposes as they should be close in size  

B44C66C7-A3D7-43A1-AE59-D807DCBA0A27.jpeg

75A1C628-546C-46F1-9692-36DDFBDAFA33.jpeg

Thanks Carl, I have got a bit more figured out today.  I think I can keep the rumble seat too.  I had to make the bottom cushion out of half round evergreen to fit it all, and may still need to modify the back rest as well. But for now it closes well and opens almost completely. 

2B6AFEC4-5E7A-47D2-81B6-0AA246F81ED2.jpeg

12C63570-A03C-4638-A62D-A21D1E414449.jpeg