Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where do I get Help?

How does this work? Who do I ask?? This is why I rarely use this site. I cannot get help, I cannot get info. I would be here every day if I knew how to upload a pic. The help pages are no help. I need laymans answers. I build, I do not use the computer all day every day. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Chris Akers

Harry, with all due respect there is no good place on this site to walk people through ALL steps of this process. It is easy if you've been doing it forever, but unless/until there is a stickied tutorial for all the steps involved, including screen captures, this will be an ongoing issue.

There are always people asking about uploading pictures. There's been talk back and forth about making the subject into a pinned thread that shows in the "general" forum. Why instructions for using the features on this forum are impossible to find is beyond me. It's ridiculous for anyone to have to type out instructions more than once. It's ridiculous that when I do a search for "how to upload photos" that the search doesn't give much help. And I am relatively computer literate.

We NEED to have clear, concise instructions for users that aren't buried here. This place is not easy for a newcomer. The other place referenced by contrast isn't easy for anyone, it's interface is terrible and not the standard for forums. This one is easy for someone who is familiar w/basic forum experience, but this forum doesn't help newbies at all. No instructions, no FAQ's...that really needs to change.

Seriously, either in "Ask MCM a question" or "General" there needs to be a stickied "How to use this forum" thread. In it there need to be simple instructions for adding photos. Other general instructions. Right now there is NOTHING without someone having to be relatively clever to figure out how to word a search. It's very user-unfriendly to people new to this site. Other sites have that kind of information readily accessible. This one does not.

Good point, and something that should be addressed.

Maybe we need a separate section right at the top, above the "General" section, called "For new Users" or "How to use the features of this forum" or something similar, which would contain instructions for uploading photos, etc.

Gregg... how about it?

I thought there was on the top left, Board Rules and Guidelines.

Jairus had done a great post on posting/hosting pictures.

I will put together updated links in that section.

Thanks for pointing this out, Chris, Bob, and Harry.