Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all this will be built as the little known 617 squadron.

I know in the film some bloke called Luke skiver or something like that was supposed to have been the hero but the real heroes were 617 squadron they didn't use the force they used something called the bouncing plasma bomb

IMG-2928.jpg
IMG-2927.jpg
IMG-2934.jpg
IMG-2933.jpg

The bouncing plasma bomb was invented by the brilliant genius kpnuts specifically to destroy the death star (who's design was stolen from kpnuts and corrupted from a creative star to the death star)the original design was for creating planets to inhabit but unfortunately kpnuts added the ability to delete the planet if it was uninhabitable.

The bouncing plasma bomb went on to be refined and become called the smart bomb.

IMG-2954.jpg
IMG-2953.jpg
IMG-2957.jpg
IMG-2959.jpg
IMG-2958.jpg
IMG-2961.jpg
IMG-2950.jpg
IMG-2960.jpg
IMG-2952.jpg
IMG-2951.jpg

617 Squadron was formed to carry Barnes Wallis' bouncing bomb in a mainly successful attack on four major dams which supplied water for the German industrial war effort.

They went on to develop precision and highly destructive bombing techniques which they deployed on many hundreds of raids. They were good.

I hope Star Wars doesn't detract from their efforts and place in history.

Nor those of Wallis himself.

Nice Model.

-Don.

The Dambusters

On 5/8/2020 at 10:46 PM, kpnuts said:

It was only meant to be tongue in cheek humour, I would never belittle the brave men of 617 or any squadron please accept my sincere apology.

No worries Ken! I guess I'm a bit of an old reactionary! ?

On 5/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, kpnuts said:

The bouncing plasma bomb was invented by the brilliant genius kpnuts specifically to destroy the death star (who's design was stolen from kpnuts and corrupted from a creative star to the death star)the original design was for creating planets to inhabit but unfortunately kpnuts added the ability to delete the planet if it was uninhabitable.

The bouncing plasma bomb went on to be refined and become called the smart bomb.

IMG-2954.jpg
IMG-2953.jpg
IMG-2957.jpg
IMG-2959.jpg
IMG-2958.jpg
IMG-2961.jpg
IMG-2950.jpg
IMG-2960.jpg
IMG-2952.jpg
IMG-2951.jpg

Fantastic work!