Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari FXXK DK edition

Dann Tier

On 6/6/2020 at 10:56 AM, Dann Tier said:

I found some excellent reference photos ...FINALLY!!.....some are La Ferrari, but are still VERY useful as you know!....here are a few...

2014ferrarilaferrarihykers1-vi.jpg

andrea-sanna-13-laferrari-mechanics.jpg

andrea-sanna-14-laferrari-mechanics2.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-023.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-038.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-043.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-044.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-045.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-046.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-047.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-049.jpg

andrea-sanna-laferrari-engine-wip-052.jpg

inecutawayphoto618649s1280x782-vi.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Nice catch.  I will be doing the 44 Car plus a street LaFerrari (unless Tamiya gives us an Aperta before I start)

22 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

I would say that it's VERY precisely engineered. I sanded back the doors just a little to give room for paint, and mine is done in pure Tamiya rattle can, with no gloss clear. I would also suggest, having learned this lesson AFTER my FXX-K, that a couple of teen-tiny magnets ("rare earth magnets" on eBay) under each side of the front and rear clams on top of the wheel arches and in the door sills, and slivers of steel can inside the clams and door interiors, will pull them firmly into place...

fxxk-opened-up-high-rear-left-L.jpg

fxxk-low-front-right-sleek-aggressive-L.

Mine's only been fully opened up the once, for these photos. I think if I'd put magnets in I'd be a lot more confident about being able to open it when I chose to and have it go back neatly in place when I close it each time... I now have a stack of 2mm diameter x 1mm thickness magnets that have decent amount of traction despite their size, and can easily be recessed into the thickness of most body panels. Some are currently holding the IMC Lola T70 Spider together, and I'll certainly be using them whenever I have models that I have built with more wiring than the maker intended which needs a bit of "squishing" into place...

best,

M.

(edit: I kept some really good textured heavyweight Easter Egg wrapping foil a couple of years back which served me well for those heat shields around the engine, though depending on what US cigarette brands might still exist, a lighter paper-backed version can also be found inside some packets...)

Another BEAUTIFUL build!!!!....thanks for the suggestions, Bud!.....is there anything i should be aware of concerning the lower body panel between the doors, and wheel arches?...they look a bit lower than the rest of the body lines.