Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller ferguson FF-30

A little more progress, while building the other Ferguson TE-20 I found that some of the instructions have been written incorrectly,  for sections 23 and 24, swap the parts over, otherwise the mounting for the wheel arch and brake rods will be in the wrong place, it's the same with the front axle. 

20201104_124707.jpg

20201104_124651.jpg

20201104_124638.jpg

20201104_124615.jpg

20201104_130136.jpg

20201104_134525.jpg

20201104_134741.jpg

20201104_140649.jpg

20201104_140708.jpg

20201104_140811.jpg

20201104_141131.jpg

Brake rods and pedals fitted, these are items i deviated slightly from the instructions, they tell you to build them all together and then fit them to the model, I dry fit the foot pedal then add the rod, first gluing it first to the base of the pedal and then to the rear axle casing, and then a few drops of liquid cement to the pedal and pushing it flush with the chassis using a pair of tweezers, I also fit them after fitting the front axle support rods, and not before, doing it this way helps holding the pedal assembly in place as it gets trapped between the chassis and support rods.

FB_IMG_1604587108582.jpg

FB_IMG_1604587104968.jpg

You are doing a great job on what looks to be a really nice kit, everything looks to be there and really clean moulding, following this build with a special interest because it was the first tractor I ever drove, I must have been about 11 or 12 years old, looking forward to more photo's.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:33 AM, kilrathy10 said:

This looks to be a very well appointed kit... You're doing an awesome job on it... The instructions look very usable, though... Drawn up quite well, it seems... Your photography of this build thread is amazing... Very nice...

Thank you,  the instructions are well drawn, if you study them and look at the parts in the next few sections it's easy enough to work out that the parts need to be swapped over, with the photography, I cheat a little as that's my day job. 

12 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

You are doing a great job on what looks to be a really nice kit, everything looks to be there and really clean moulding, following this build with a special interest because it was the first tractor I ever drove, I must have been about 11 or 12 years old, looking forward to more photo's.

It really is a nice kit, the parts are really well moulded,  the instructions could be better though,  I've never even sat on a tractor, but I got interested in them when I worked for the Classic Car weekly magazine, travelling to all the Classic car and transport shows where there was always a good selection of classic tractors on show. 

Cool looking build , I have one of these kits, eventually to be a load on a lowboy trailer. I only see one issue with your progress so far....., you seem to have an over abundance of work space...., I have a 6 foot long by 3 foot deep table with a large hobby mat, yet I have a 6 inch by 6 inch work area?

2 minutes ago, tbill said:

you seem to have an over abundance of work space...., I have a 6 foot long by 3 foot deep table with a large hobby mat, yet I have a 6 inch by 6 inch work area?

I only have a small building bench, but I can't stand or work in clutter, as I'm working on getting my new spray booth up and running, I'm unable to get any airbrushing done, so tonight I had a tidy up, bench is nice and clean now.

20201110_214421.jpg

With my airbrushing being held up until I get the new workshop finished, I'm going to do a little resin casting, the first part will be the fuel bowl and tap for the Heller Ferguson Tractors, the kit comes with it moulded in grey plastic, in real life there metal and of course glass for the bowl, I'm going to cast them on clear resin and then paint the metal parts, I've seen them in brass as well, so not sure which metal finish I'm going to go with.

Screenshot_20201116-171135_Chrome.jpg

ferguson-john-deere-continental-fuel-tap-bowl-8308-p.jpg

20201116_170349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:33 PM, kilrathy10 said:

This looks to be a very well appointed kit... You're doing an awesome job on it... The instructions look very usable, though... Drawn up quite well, it seems... Your photography of this build thread is amazing... Very nice...

Absolutely!