Model Cars Magazine Forum

Earnhardt Buick Century

DoctorLarry

Got some more work done on the chassis. Got a cage fitted and finished the dash/firewall. Did some painting on various parts. From the limited pictures of the car, the interior was a light color. I used Tamiya Insignia White, which was a light gray matte color virtually identical to the color of the molded plastic on the TBird kits.  I am detailing out the chassis parts and getting ready to plumb and wire everything.  A few more cage pieces to fit as well as the trunk and package tray fillers.

chassis 1.jpg

chassis 2.jpg

chassis 3.jpg

chassis 4.jpg

Preliminary wiring/plumbing check list: plug wires, fuel line pump to carb, fuel line tank to pump, all brake lines, battery cables, 2 scavenge lines oil pan to dry sump pump, two lines dry sump pump to oil tank, feed line oil tank to cooler, cooler line to remote oil filter, remote oil filter to dry sump pump, dry sump pump to oil filter plate inlet. Whew! Did I miss anything?

More work done. Mounted the radiator, finished the front shocks and framing for them, plumbed the rear end and oil cooler and plumbed the puke tank. Put some roll bar padding on and mounted the shifter. Mocked the seat up and mounted the headrest, which came from a later NASCAR kit. Put the valve stems in the wheels and painted them the correct color.

chassis 5.jpg

chassis and engine.jpg

puke tank.jpg

rear end plumbing 2.jpg

rear end plumbing.jpg

valve stem.jpg

Thanks, Mike. I'm not really a big NASCAR guy either but I love building the vintage cars. Much more interesting than today. I love researching the builds as much as the builds themselves, particularly interesting unheard of guys.

Edited by DoctorLarry

9 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

Thanks, Mike. I'm not really a big NASCAR guy either but I love building the vintage cars. Much more interesting than today. I love researching the builds as much as the builds themselves, particularly interesting unheard of guys.

To me whats particularly interesting to me on that car, is the picture of it rusting away in a  junkyard.