Model Cars Magazine Forum

suspicious purchasing sites

i am worried about sites i do not know which are offering for example the Williams 1/12 scale F1 by HIRO at 99.99 usd  and also the Ferrari 312T3 1/12 scale at 75 usd including freight from japan . I have come across 2 of these sites just googling for the products and best price . i sent them emails questioning their prices and waiting for reply , further when registering they state they sent an email to confirm but i received nothing . what is your opinion or experience when this happens to you ?

Posted (edited)

why would you pay upfront as in my case would be paypal and never hear from them again less my money and item plus there is nowhere to go and complain , whats the use anyway the money is gone   ? as i said i questioned them and they never came back . The Hiro normal price is 5 times their price .

Edited by dog1

There is no way anyone can sell any new item for one-fifth of what others sell it for.  Sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.