Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 60 Chevy Truck

customsrus

Got the idea for this out of an older model car magazine.I thought it was pretty KOOL. Cab and bed molded together. Windscreens are modified fireball pieces. It has a corvette ZR-1 Motor. If you look close the turn signals are inside the headlights. Custom front and rear pans. The chassis is from a Nascar Kit. A lot of modifications went into this model, more than I can remember. And yes the front tire is leaning, did not have any glue with me to put it back on.

191_191-vi.jpg192_192-vi.jpg

where did u get the kit at?

The chevy truck is an AMT kit, you should be able to find it at any hobby shop. the wheels are from pegasus hobbies. the engine is out of the amt 39 wagon rod. and the chassis was from a dale jarrett ford thunderbird nascar kit. I'll try to post more pictures of it.

Edited by customsrus

I am from Kansas city.I have taken them to the model show in omaha a few years ago. and both did good at the show.

ahh ok.... I knew I saw them before.

are you coming to the show this February? If you want info let me know by PM or email trakburner@yahoo.com

It's a whole new format, this will be my second year running the model show portion of the swapmeet.