Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller BMW R75/5 1/8 scale motorcycle

Looking for any info on this kit.  I picked it up on eBay back in 2018.  Seems to be a European release, no idea how old it is, still in the original packaging albeit with some wear and tear.  Thanks in advance for any insights.

DSCN6251.JPG

DSCN6254.JPG

DSCN6255.JPG

DSCN6257.JPG

DSCN6258.JPG

DSCN6260.JPG

DSCN6261.JPG

DSCN6262.JPG

Edited by bbowser

• bbowser changed the title to Heller BMW R75/5 1/8 scale motorcycle

I don’t have information, but I do have a question. Is that individual cooling fins that get stacked for the cylinders? If so, that is awesome. I have an Italeri 1/9 scale R75 military sidecar rig and its cylinders are nowhere near as detailed. 

7 hours ago, LDO said:

I don’t have information, but I do have a question. Is that individual cooling fins that get stacked for the cylinders? If so, that is awesome. I have an Italeri 1/9 scale R75 military sidecar rig and its cylinders are nowhere near as detailed. 

I believe they are individual cooling fins.  I also realized the instructions are in French.

Nope. The Revell kit is a rebox of a Venice Beach=produced Revell kit

BMW R75/5, Revell (1971)

which was originally released in 1971. It's nowhere as detailed as the Heller kit, which was also released by Airfix.

Why should it matter if the Heller instructions are in French? No different than older Tamiya kit instructions written in only Japanese. Follow the drawings or photos to see what gets attached where. 

Edited by SfanGoch

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Why should it matter if the Heller instructions are in French? No different than older Tamiya kit instructions written in only Japanese. Follow the drawings or photos to see what gets attached where. 

It won't matter, just adds to the evidence that it's a Euro release.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 10:28 AM, SfanGoch said:

Nope. The Revell kit is a rebox of a Venice Beach=produced Revell kit

BMW R75/5, Revell (1971)

which was originally released in 1971. It's nowhere as detailed as the Heller kit, which was also released by Airfix.

You can also use Google translate if needed. You can look through the camera and it translates it in real time.